P1000 Hard back or soft back?

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
I am on a wait list for a 22 1000 P-3. I'm going to run a DFK HardCabs front windshield and soft upper doors. I'm trying to decide between a soft back enclosure or hard one. Will one provide better protection from the elements? I will most likely take the back enclosure off in the summer. Will one be better than the other for that? If anyone has switched from one to the other I would appreciate hearing why you did that.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
No matter what you do it will always be a trade off.

full cab = baked potato in summer and some dust depending on how well everything is sealed.

windsheild only = cooler than full cab but covered in dust. Having the back panel helps some with dust.

no windshield or bug screen only = no rain protection but coolest and mostly dust free.

I take everything off in the summer and rock safety glasses and helmets. I generally don’t ride much in the rain as it tears up the trails a lot.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am on a wait list for a 22 1000 P-3. I'm going to run a DFK HardCabs front windshield and soft upper doors. I'm trying to decide between a soft back enclosure or hard one. Will one provide better protection from the elements? I will most likely take the back enclosure off in the summer. Will one be better than the other for that? If anyone has switched from one to the other I would appreciate hearing why you did that.
Check compatibility with the soft upper doors. Have heard from other users that some soft upper doors are not compatible with the Honda hard back enclosure.

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the soft back, soft upper doors and flip up winshield. I stuffed some pool noodle between the roof and soft upper back. Dust is not a problem for me as long at the windows are closed.

1000-5

advertisement
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Running the Honda hard back window and the Honda full glass front window. Very satisfied as we don't get super hot here so no real issues with heat.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Running the Honda hard back window and the Honda full glass front window. Very satisfied as we don't get super hot here so no real issues with heat.
Here in northern Minnesota we will get up in the 90's mid summer occasionally so it will be interesting. I also have the full glass Honda windshield. I would think I would still get good cross air flow through the open sides. The biggest problem here would be hordes of black flies and deer flies that usually are relentless at mid summer time also. You can outrun them but you can bet your butt they will be with you when you stop.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!