P1000 Hard mid panel pk1

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
installed hard mid panel this afternoon.

53BA89F8 83E7 4C5B 8B8B 997D7C7C8EAD 72616ED3 CC4D 4474 BA3A 2FAFA9BF0C38 E32F0709 6A6F 447E B796 657142BB76E5

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks great.

T

tycoonbob

Jan 9, 2018
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like that a lot! How easy on and off? I have the fabric mid panel, but I'd hate to isolate any passengers in the back with that so it'd have to come off if I had passengers (not very often).

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like that a lot! How easy on and off? I have the fabric mid panel, but I'd hate to isolate any passengers in the back with that so it'd have to come off if I had passengers (not very often).
Would probably take 1/2 hr to get it off it’s a little bulky . Don’t think it’s something you want to take off and on often. Had to loosen 5 bolts that hold back of front seat so panel can slide in. I have oem hard top and had to lift it up to get rear panel to fit. Am thinking about rear soft panel for summer when I would have passengers in back seats and use hard mid panel for winter.

Reactions: ohanacreek
T

tycoonbob

Jan 9, 2018
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would probably take 1/2 hr to get it off it’s a little bulky . Don’t think it’s something you want to take off and on often. Had to loosen 5 bolts that hold back of front seat so panel can slide in. I have oem hard top and had to lift it up to get rear panel to fit. Am thinking about rear soft panel for summer when I would have passengers in back seats and use hard mid panel for winter.

Ah, that'd be a deal breaker for me then. My soft mid panel has been good, and I like that it can be rolled up. More than likely I'll keep it on year round. I was hoping the hard panel would be a quick on/off like on the Ranger.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The exact reason I didn’t put one on my 1000 my 700 had it and it was basically impossible to get off without some disassembly. Also limited visibility. The soft one comes off or goes on in about 10mins and even in 10degree weather keeps me pretty comfy even without a heater.

Soft doors and glass windshield can be installed and removed in about 30mins total. If your in really cold weather or blowing snow I might consider it as a winter mode, but it’s not an easy switch.

C

Chrissybobby

Dec 13, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ah, that'd be a deal breaker for me then. My soft mid panel has been good, and I like that it can be rolled up. More than likely I'll keep it on year round. I was hoping the hard panel would be a quick on/off like on the Ranger.
What brand of mid soft panel do you have?

T

tycoonbob

Jan 9, 2018
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What brand of mid soft panel do you have?

Honda OEM soft panel. Been quite happy with it, and did leave it on all year. I did have it rolled up all summer long, and back in late Nov, I rolled it back down and put my soft door panels back on. Been great.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!