P500 Hardwiring led p500

M

Morrelfinder

Mar 21, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Anybody know how to hardwire a led strait to the light switch? I did it on my rincon and there was a white, blue, green wire on the quad. I connected the red to the blue(brites) and the black to the green(ground) coming from the light to the quad. It should be pretty similar, but I didn’t know if there were different colored wires on the p500. Anybody?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Green and brown wire for the 500 between the lights and the relay.

I would not do the brown and white wire from the switch as that's relay control.

Reactions: Mudwing and Biteme
M

Morrelfinder

Mar 21, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Gotcha- so the light I’m installing has a black and red wire, the black goes the green , and the red goes to the brown . Correct?

Reactions: Hondasxs
M

Morrelfinder

Mar 21, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Also Hondasxs- the odo reads 14 miles and 20 hours , but the wrench in the display keeps flashing. It shows it has 86 miles on the wrench display. I don’t understand why it has that much difference in miles? Should I change the oil?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Gotcha- so the light I’m installing has a black and red wire, the black goes the green , and the red goes to the brown . Correct?
Correct.
Also Hondasxs- the odo reads 14 miles and 20 hours , but the wrench in the display keeps flashing. It shows it has 86 miles on the wrench display. I don’t understand why it has that much difference in miles? Should I change the oil?
The key has been left on.
there are 2 wrench countdown modes. Hours and Miles, they are counters until next service, whichever gets to 0 first the wrench comes on.
One should be an hourglass and it should be 0, it will start counting negative.
Miles is 86 + 14 = 100 miles. 86 will start to count down and go into negative.

SHOULD YOU CHANGE THE OIL?
If the motor has been running all 20 hours, then yes!
If the key has been left on, then NO not until 100 miles.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!