kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
has anyone had trouble with their p500 doing this. Sometimes when I come from speed down to an idle it will die, and not crank back. I can turn key off wait a couple minutes and then it will crank. I only have 125 miles on the p500. This does not happen very frequent but it has happened maybe 6 or 7 times. I really hate to take it back in to the dealer if I can do something at home.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
has anyone had trouble with their p500 doing this. Sometimes when I come from speed down to an idle it will die, and not crank back. I can turn key off wait a couple minutes and then it will crank. I only have 125 miles on the p500. This does not happen very frequent but it has happened maybe 6 or 7 times. I really hate to take it back in to the dealer if I can do something at home.
Are you down shifting? I always downshift when I reach acceptable speeds...
although it seems to just run in any gear. Check your oil level maybe.

kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Im not aggressively down shifting. I usally down shift according to speed down to 2nd then once i stop put it in neutral. And my oil level is good I changed the break in at 100. Did you have something in mind with the oil thing?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Im not aggressively down shifting. I usally down shift according to speed down to 2nd then once i stop put it in neutral. And my oil level is good I changed the break in at 100. Did you have something in mind with the oil thing?
I'm hoping for at least 30 more years myself, lol. I have generators and a log splitter with low oil shut down, not sure that the P5 has that, but that may be where @trigger was headed.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
S

Sledge

Kenmo, I haven't had any trouble at all with mine, but I have noticed that several people have had similarly weird intermittent problems to yours.

Starting, shifting, etc. All such is computer-driven on the P5, I think.

Computers can be a blessing and a curse. I'm thinking the across-the-board, off and on, come and go problems are likely electronic.

Not hardware. Software.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Thanks sledge, I think im going to take it too the dealer and have them check it . way over my knowledge

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!