P500 Has anyone seen or made one of these?

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Okay so, I have 2 Inch spacers all the way around and I absolutely love the added stability, plus it looks cool! The thing that I don't like is how extending the wheels out exposes so much of the brakes / hubs whatever you want to call it. There are also those little rubber pieces that I worry about getting ripped or punctured by branches, weeds Etc. I've been thinking about bending some steel to the same Contour (like I'm holding my hand in the pic) then welding brackets that go back and attached to one of the two bolts on the top and bottom. (In the picture I'm pointing at the top 2 bolts I'm talking about) I haven't put too much thought into this idea yet, so I'm not sure where the best spot to attach would be, or if it's a good idea at all. I also think it would be more pleasing to the eye if it was black to match the A-Arms. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated . Maybe if I'm lucky someone has already done it and could show me a picture of what they did. Thanks!
20190308 135431
20190308 135500
20190308 174112
20190309 112120

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@RB3offroad was working on some aluminum caliper guards. Not sure what really happened to that idea.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
For coverage of the just the rubber boots, something simple like an angle bracket, to still allow spray out of mud from pads/rotor opening? Good thought.

If a full caliper shield is the goal, the smaller caliper bolt hole arms look a lot weaker and could break off, compared to the larger caliper mounting bolts behind them. Just thinking of where the line of force from a hard hit would be transferred.
A related comment. P1000 - Lower Front CV boot Protectors
0EEF3C8D 61D9 4B46 95B3 7F170D3197FA

Last edited:
Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Good points! I'm not really sure what the end goal is yet. I just know, multiple times I've thought........ I should come up with something to cover that up. If the little rubber pieces are easy to replace maybe I'm overthinking it, but like I said before, cosmetically it doesn't look very nice either.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!