P500 Have a 2016 pioneer 500. On my 5th fuel pump. 369 Hours. anyone else had problems.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Hall oil is a distributor that gets its fuel from one of the 4 salt lake area refiners, either a contract with one of them or just buys from the rack at whichever one is cheaper.

Reactions: Smitty335
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd guess it's something electrical or like mentioned above a bad design warranting a recall. Bad fuel would have to cause issues elsewhere..... Not only within the fuel system but on your other machines. Any of your buddies running hondas with the same gas?

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
most likely electrical, low voltage or ground issue but if you haven't emptied the fuel tank or using same batch it could be the fuel. I know a guy who put in 2 fuel pumps so original and 2 more before he ran out that tank of gas and refilled. Of course we blamed it on remanufactured fuel pumps back then. the pioneer has a submerged fuel pump compared to a lawnmower with simple diaphgram pump if any and no fuel pump on an ATV.

GAug440

GAug440

Apr 18, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 500
I haven’t looked at the p500 fuel pump, but I’ve seen some that have have a small screen on them? Does the P500 pump have a screen/filter? Maybe there is sediment in the tank causing flow issues and burning up the pump? Just a thought...

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have you done a flow test? Manual references to check clogged or pinched fuel feed hose.
0DBB2D22 8C27 4524 B34F 81A7FF1E40C7

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Electric pump motors go bad,some sooner than others.Cheaper electric fuel pumps for autos will not go as long as OEM,that is a fact.If Honda used a new motor supplier for a time,that was cheaper,that could explain things.There was a recall on some Honda machines I believe.There is a lot of confidence placed on a fuel pump when you are way out in the boonies alone.When one has let you down with low hours on it[ME] ,It makes sense to have a spare motor[not the whole assy.] with you.Peace of mind.I also carry spare relays.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Just because a Honda dealer replaced the pumps and charged for Honda pumps, doesn't mean they used Honda pumps. I've seen dealers buy parts at the local auto parts store and put them on customer's cars. I'm talking the local Lexus dealer here, so I would not be surprised if all the dealers use cheaper parts from time to time.

• Wow
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Just because a Honda dealer replaced the pumps and charged for Honda pumps, doesn't mean they used Honda pumps. I've seen dealers buy parts at the local auto parts store and put them on customer's cars. I'm talking the local Lexus dealer here, so I would not be surprised if all the dealers use cheaper parts from time to time.
I've experienced what you said more than once. TERRIBLE. I rip them hard when I found out, made folks in the office look at me sideways,didn't care, if they knew what happened,they would have undetstood, guess what they weren't in the situation,so they didn't get it. I will stand up again and again against their corporate greed!

O

oldswamp22

Apr 29, 2021
utah
Ownership

1. 500
When you say it quits, does the motor stop running altogether, or does it still run but produce inadequate pressure?

I'd check power and grounds for proper voltage and integrity.
motor stops. no noise no gas. never run with less than a quarter of a tank. Dealers replace the fuel pump, said they couldn't find anything else wrong. It is a farm tank but has a fuel filter just before the hose. I have lawn mowers, tractors, many other machines that run just fine on my fuel. Dealer says there is nothing wrong with his fuel. I don't dare ride it off the farm. ??????

• Wow
O

oldswamp22

Apr 29, 2021
utah
Ownership

1. 500
I've experienced what you said more than once. TERRIBLE. I rip them hard when I found out, made folks in the office look at me sideways,didn't care, if they knew what happened,they would have undetstood, guess what they weren't in the situation,so they didn't get it. I will stand up again and again against their corporate greed!
the dealer I purchased it from replaced the first one, then took it to a different dealer for the next two. Haven't checked brand of pump.

S

shakedown22

Dec 21, 2022
camp verde
Ownership

1. 520
When you say it quits, does the motor stop running altogether, or does it still run but produce inadequate pressure?

I'd check power and grounds for proper voltage and integrity.
i vote for DG Rider's checklist. and "extra" grounding, is a plus, for this motor's voltage specs and 100% integrity.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!