Heated seat cushion

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Wagan Tech® Heated Seat Cushion @cabelas
Regular Price: $19.99
Sale Price: $12.99
So here in the SE part of the states our winters are a little more temperate than most of our northern cohorts. Average snowfall locally is around 14 inches annually and average temps for winter are somewhere in the neiborhood of 43 degrees. I know I can hear you shouting "it must be nice". This years as you are aware the temps across the upper portions of this nation have below normal. I really don't see a need for purchasing a heating system for my P2 for two reasons, one is I'm not suppose to outside much as my docs don't want me to get sick as this will exasperate my health problems and two is it just don't get that cold. I do like to get outside and I do want to ride my P2 so I purchased this product to help keep me warm what little amount I will be outside riding. The plus side is I can put a battery in my ground blind/or stand with a solar maintainer and be able to enjoy hunting more next winter with this type of product. I'm unable to sit for more than an hour but have figured I might be able to layer this under my hunting coat while standing as I can stand for a little longer period. So I will give my review of this product at a later time. If anyone has utilized something similar please leave comments.

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Spokane Valley, Washington
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Wagan Tech® Heated Seat Cushion @cabelas
Regular Price: $19.99
Sale Price: $12.99
So here in the SE part of the states our winters are a little more temperate than most of our northern cohorts. Average snowfall locally is around 14 inches annually and average temps for winter are somewhere in the neiborhood of 43 degrees. I know I can hear you shouting "it must be nice". This years as you are aware the temps across the upper portions of this nation have below normal. I really don't see a need for purchasing a heating system for my P2 for two reasons, one is I'm not suppose to outside much as my docs don't want me to get sick as this will exasperate my health problems and two is it just don't get that cold. I do like to get outside and I do want to ride my P2 so I purchased this product to help keep me warm what little amount I will be outside riding. The plus side is I can put a battery in my ground blind/or stand with a solar maintainer and be able to enjoy hunting more next winter with this type of product. I'm unable to sit for more than an hour but have figured I might be able to layer this under my hunting coat while standing as I can stand for a little longer period. So I will give my review of this product at a later time. If anyone has utilized something similar please leave comments.

Duwops, did you ever evaluate this cushion? I have been considering using a heated cushion for my Pioneer. I have used Gerbing's Heated Seat in my hunting stand for the last several years and it is just enough to take the edge off the cold weather. However, the Gerbing's cushion cannot be plugged into the 12V on the Pioneer. Therefore, I need to find a 12V heated cushion. I would be curious in learn about your experience with the Wagan Tech.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
MountainMan, so I've use this two winters now and it works for me just fine. I use it while snow plowing and riding around in the snow and cold. I use it to warm my hands while riding in the cold sometimes my hands get cold even with the gloves on. So I slip off a glove and slip the hand under my leg on the heat pad and warm them that way. So for me where I ride and the temps we average here it works but like I said if I was farther north or could ride in the cold more a heater system may be the ticket.

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Spokane Valley, Washington
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the response. I am considering buying a heated seat kit and installing in in the back rest. Last year I used a cheap 12V heater that was sold by Harbor Freight Tools for under $12.99. It did not put out a lot of heat, however it did take the edge off. I hunt in Washington state and the temperature never got above freezing last year. The full windshield helps out a lot and I typically drive slow so there is not much draft. My thought is a heated seat would work much better than the 12V heater. I recognize it will not come close to the heater kits others are installing, but it is not very expensive and a relatively clean install and easy to shut off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!