P1000 Heavy built bumper winch install

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finely got all the parts to install the new "Texas Tough Customs" front winch bumper and Ramsey's winch. It took a while to get the bumper, about like everything else these days but is finely arrived the other day. The bumper is heavy built. Very stout compared to the factory bumper. It almost went on easy but I had to get the hammer out and crows foot to get everything lined up, but really not bad at all. The bad part was I had to mount it and take it back off too paint it.
Got the winch on after the install, pretty easy to install. The winch has wire rope and I've been in touch with Master Pull about replacing that with their new Super Line. Need to save up some more penny's and do some more honey do jobs before spending any more or I'll be in deep water with the wife.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the winch on after the install, pretty easy to install. The winch has wire rope and I've been in touch with Master Pull about replacing that with their new Super Line. Need to save up some more penny's and do some more honey do jobs before spending any more or I'll be in deep water with the wife.

Why not just buy a synthetic winch line on-line? Something on the order of $20 or so. That's almost low enough to slip under the wife's radar.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finely got all the parts to install the new "Texas Tough Customs" front winch bumper and Ramsey's winch. It took a while to get the bumper, about like everything else these days but is finely arrived the other day. The bumper is heavy built. Very stout compared to the factory bumper. It almost went on easy but I had to get the hammer out and crows foot to get everything lined up, but really not bad at all. The bad part was I had to mount it and take it back off too paint it.
Got the winch on after the install, pretty easy to install. The winch has wire rope and I've been in touch with Master Pull about replacing that with their new Super Line. Need to save up some more penny's and do some more honey do jobs before spending any more or I'll be in deep water with the wife. View attachment 335361View attachment 335362View attachment 335364
Looks good.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you kidding? I got to ask her for beer money, I mean milk money.
Okay, clearly some of you youngsters are in serious need of some elderly sage advice. Though it may be a little late for training the wife if you've let this sort of thing go too long.

First, before you get hitched, it's important for the wife to understand that tools and guy stuff, is off budget as far as a man's toy account is concerned. By definition, a tool is anything that can be used to make money. Doesn't matter if it ever does make money, only that it could. The purchase formula for male buying decisions is:

Want X Need = Buy

(no value can be zero or negative)

You can see that any amount of Need, along with lots of Want, equals Buy! Conversely, lots of Need with only a little Want, also equals Buy!

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well she's been trying to train me for 38 a years. You remember the Rodney Dangerfeild "Easy Money" when in the end he goes to the basement for pizza, beer and poker. Well that's just about how well I'm trained. She's done good.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Got the winch on after the install, pretty easy to install. The winch has wire rope and I've been in touch with Master Pull about replacing that with their new Super Line. Need to save up some more penny's and do some more honey do jobs before spending any more or I'll be in deep water with the wife. View attachment 335361View attachment 335362View attachment 335364
I like how the winch doesn't block air flow to the radiator and is mounted low where most die hard 4 X 4 enthusiasts say to mount a winch. In some rock ledge encounters it may have issues, but I like it!

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well she's been trying to train me for 38 a years. You remember the Rodney Dangerfeild "Easy Money" when in the end he goes to the basement for pizza, beer and poker. Well that's just about how well I'm trained. She's done good.
I understand, been 52 years here. When we were approaching 50, I told her if she wanted an extension or renewal, she'd need to clean up her act some. That didn't go quite as planned. She refused to sign anything, so it's on the week-to-week plan.

Our dog is getting older than me, so I suggested we get a second dog. She says "NO! It's me or the dog!" I'm thinking this is gonna be a tough decision as she really does cook pretty good.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great!
What windshield is that?
How do you like the hard doors?

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks great!
What windshield is that?
How do you like the hard doors?
That's the Hard Cabs windshield that works with the factory Honda top. My dealer ordered it, but they make two different ones and you have to make sure you get the one for the factory Honda top. It also flips all the way up but if you were riding rough you want to lock it like I got it in the pictures above or fully closed. Super ATV has them online but I get it several hundred cheaper through the dealer.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do like the hard doors and roll down windows. My next project is going to be fabbing rock sliders to protect them and a skip plate for that area that connects to the rock sliders.
I made running boards from aluminum checker plate that double as rock sliders. I am waiting for my 2022 trail to arrive, I'm thinking to go with hard doors as the soft doors let in way too much snow and cold air. I like the flip out windshield for the summer

IMG 7039

Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay, clearly some of you youngsters are in serious need of some elderly sage advice. Though it may be a little late for training the wife if you've let this sort of thing go too long.

First, before you get hitched, it's important for the wife to understand that tools and guy stuff, is off budget as far as a man's toy account is concerned. By definition, a tool is anything that can be used to make money. Doesn't matter if it ever does make money, only that it could. The purchase formula for male buying decisions is:

Want X Need = Buy

(no value can be zero or negative)

You can see that any amount of Need, along with lots of Want, equals Buy! Conversely, lots of Need with only a little Want, also equals Buy!
Only 2 kinds of husbands in the world....henpecked and liars.....which category did you say you belong to?

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I made running boards from aluminum checker plate that double as rock sliders. I am waiting for my 2022 trail to arrive, I'm thinking to go with hard doors as the soft doors let in way too much snow and cold air. I like the flip out windshield for the summer

View attachment 335613
I've been on the Honda website and tried building a 2022 model but nothing comes up for accessories. Have you seen anything. I'm not buying a new one I just bought a 2021 at the being of this year but I was just nosing around to see what they offered?

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been on the Honda website and tried building a 2022 model but nothing comes up for accessories. Have you seen anything. I'm not buying a new one I just bought a 2021 at the being of this year but I was just nosing around to see what they offered?
Here are the 2022 accessories that someone posted on another thread

Attachments

• ML.REMAP94A.CONSUMER_VERSION_-_2022_PIONEER_1000_ACCY_GUIDE.PDF
    8.9 MB · Views: 373
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's really a good idea to replace your cable with synthetic before you ever use it. Cable will scrarch and gouge on your fairlead and drum, which can be hard on your synthetic line. Tell the War Department you need to replace it sooner than later to save money.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!