P1000 heavy duty roll cage mounts for custom bike rack

D

dutchsxs

Jun 19, 2018
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hoping to piece together a custom bike rack using the below handle bar hanger:

Wanted to use 2 roll cage mounts 1 to mount the above and one to secure the tire the bottom it's for easy shuttling my bike up to the trail head (no offroading)....anyone have some roll cage mounts to suggest as I gather the many they offer for LED lights will not be up to the task of holding a 35lb bike?

Thanks!!

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB

8ball929

May 31, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually if you get two of the aluminum claps and just bolt them to a piece of metal or wood. Then mount the bike hanger to the board in the middle between the two clamps. I bet it would hold the bike NP. I'm guessing you were just going to hang it off the back of the machine from the top of the cage? The clamps bolt together, its not like your going to pull them off the rollbar.
something like these

Reactions: Biteme
K

keeseckb

Jun 26, 2020
Sweet Home, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you had any sucess in getting something put together? Very interested in getting a back of the vehicle vertical mountain bike mount set up without having to pay $700 for one of the hitch mount style ones.

Wanted to use 2 roll cage mounts 1 to mount the above and one to secure the tire the bottom it's for easy shuttling my bike up to the trail head (no offroading)....anyone have some roll cage mounts to suggest as I gather the many they offer for LED lights will not be up to the task of holding a 35lb bike?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!