P700m4 Hello folks!

L

Lt shiny sides

Jun 21, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Northern Michigan, where dozens of trails start a 1/2 mile away from my house.
We have a place near Elmira, MI, just west of Gaylord. What trails would you recommend in the area? I'm getting a Pioneer 1000-5 soon and was doing some research on the trails. Some seem to have a 50" or less limit. Any info or links to resources where I can learn more would be great!

Reactions: Smitty335
Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have a place near Elmira, MI, just west of Gaylord. What trails would you recommend in the area? I'm getting a Pioneer 1000-5 soon and was doing some research on the trails. Some seem to have a 50" or less limit. Any info or links to resources where I can learn more would be great!
I'm newer at this. I've had my 1000-5 for about a month now. I drive on everything up here in Cheboygan County short of a M designated trunkline or a freeway. Let's get @Remington in on this conversation. He has spoken on this topic in the past and also rides in and around the Gaylord area.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm newer at this. I've had my 1000-5 for about a month now. I drive on everything up here in Cheboygan County short of a M designated trunkline or a freeway. Let's get @Remington in on this conversation. He has spoken on this topic in the past and also rides in and around the Gaylord area.
Hi fellas!
So @Lt shiny sides your just west of Gaylord near Lakes of the north and closer to the Kalkaska trails than the Gaylord Trails. To get to the gaylord trail system you would have to trailer your ride to the other side of 75. But with a snowmobile they interconnect cuz SOME of the sled trails are privately owned and only open during the snow months. Now that thats out of the way…
With a P1 your limited to only snowmobile trails and most state land 2 track logging roads. You will not fit on the 50” trail system. A P5 will tho. I would sugest to get yourself a used garmin or one u may have and go to VVmapping.com and order the mini SD card and/or his updated paper map booklet for Michigan trails for ORV. The guy is from Michigan and does a fantastic job at staying up to date on the trails and logging here. Thats how ive navigated our system The last 6 yrs in my pioneer. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!