Hello from here and there

R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good day, all. Just popping in here to say hello. I'm retired, so we change addresses frequently, spending a lot of time on the road in our motorhome when we're not at home doing maintenance on that and other wheeled money pits. Western states are our favorite riding areas. Nothing against the east, but we prefer longer views, not the confined perspective of the forests so much.

My first ATV (decades ago) was a Honda, because I wanted something I could count on. Then Polaris came along with those smooth riding hot rods and I was sucked in LOL. I've had most of the brands over the years, but Honda never appealed again until now. Mainly for the reliability. Over time our riding patterns have evolved from group rides to be more often solo. Being footloose and fancy free, the simple fact is not many others have the time and opportunity to travel and ride like we do. For which I'm extremely grateful BTW.

I do have one gripe. The whine from the transmission? Seriously, Honda, that's the best you can do? :(

Other than that complaint, I like the ergos, the trans, and engine. There's really nothing else in the market like the 1000-5, with the ability to have rear seating and a convertible dumping utility bed. It's a great fit for our needs, which are to handle 2 people and large dogs and all our gear for a day out in the wilds. If it was just people, I'd go for a Talon, but such is life.

Looking forward to learning all things Honda, and seeing what everyone else is doing with theirs. Maybe we'll see you out on a trail someday.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the Putrid Swamp run Michigan!

What rig do u have?
Year
Milage
Mods
And pics! Rule #4 Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. Also retired and doing my best to ride every dirt road in the desert southwest (excluding Kalifornia). Life since retirement has been awe full. :cool:

Lissen to Remington - we love pitchers. 😍

It's just me, so I'm in a Talon doing this -

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good day, all. Just popping in here to say hello. I'm retired, so we change addresses frequently, spending a lot of time on the road in our motorhome when we're not at home doing maintenance on that and other wheeled money pits. Western states are our favorite riding areas. Nothing against the east, but we prefer longer views, not the confined perspective of the forests so much.

My first ATV (decades ago) was a Honda, because I wanted something I could count on. Then Polaris came along with those smooth riding hot rods and I was sucked in LOL. I've had most of the brands over the years, but Honda never appealed again until now. Mainly for the reliability. Over time our riding patterns have evolved from group rides to be more often solo. Being footloose and fancy free, the simple fact is not many others have the time and opportunity to travel and ride like we do. For which I'm extremely grateful BTW.

I do have one gripe. The whine from the transmission? Seriously, Honda, that's the best you can do? :(

Other than that complaint, I like the ergos, the trans, and engine. There's really nothing else in the market like the 1000-5, with the ability to have rear seating and a convertible dumping utility bed. It's a great fit for our needs, which are to handle 2 people and large dogs and all our gear for a day out in the wilds. If it was just people, I'd go for a Talon, but such is life.

Looking forward to learning all things Honda, and seeing what everyone else is doing with theirs. Maybe we'll see you out on a trail someday.
Welcome from NW Arkansas!

R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As an aside, I was on the fence whether to buy that Can-Am or the Pioneer. I REALLY wanted a Honda, because I wanted a reliable worry free machine. Buuuut- the Honda dealer that had this machine were jackasses. They did end up with my money, because no other dealer in the region had what I wanted. But they'll never see me again.

The dealer with the C-A in stock, however, are great people. Who also sell Honda; just didn't have any.

Yeah, I could have ordered and waited. But I won't. BTDT, got the shirt.

R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. Also retired and doing my best to ride every dirt road in the desert southwest (excluding Kalifornia). Life since retirement has been awe full. :cool:

Lissen to Remington - we love pitchers. 😍

It's just me, so I'm in a Talon doing this -
View attachment 368635
Yeah, Utah and Colorado are our #1 and #2 favorite states. Utah in spring or fall, CO for the summers when it's hot.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yeah, Utah and Colorado are our #1 and #2 favorite states. Utah in spring or fall, CO for the summers when it's hot.
I rode dirt bikes for 50 years before aging out but I hated riding in Colorado, I didn't have the skills to ride the rocks. Buying a SxS in 2020 has opened the whole state to me. Like you, Utah and Colorado get most of my attention. 😍

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not gonna lie. I really like the Defender…especially with that high rider package. I’m just not crazy about belt driven. The fit and finish of the Defender is impressive though…from the ones I’ve looked at.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!