Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm Gunblaize

Hey, just wanted to say hello from NC, and I really appreciate the resources on this forum y’all have made available. Currently don’t own a Pioneer, but looking into getting one after nerve damage has left my left hand senseless so ATVs are pretty much out.

Think I’ve decided on the 1k-5. For hunting and riding I go up a few very steep,very rocky, and muddy hills and worry about the lack of gearing in the 700 and lack of grunt in the 500. Think the 1k would run a plow a little better as well (we don’t get much snow, but I can’t half shovel no more and have a bunch of asphalt).

So thank y’all for having this forum available and I’m looking forward to hopefully sooner rather than later joining the pioneer family.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : No
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle, Go Cart, Power Wheels
My off-road experience level is: Intermediate
My favorite place to ride is: In laws acreage on a mountain in WV
Welcome from southern Indiana
Hello, I'm Gunblaize

Hey, just wanted to say hello from NC, and I really appreciate the resources on this forum y’all have made available. Currently don’t own a Pioneer, but looking into getting one after nerve damage has left my left hand senseless so ATVs are pretty much out.

Think I’ve decided on the 1k-5. For hunting and riding I go up a few very steep,very rocky, and muddy hills and worry about the lack of gearing in the 700 and lack of grunt in the 500. Think the 1k would run a plow a little better as well (we don’t get much snow, but I can’t half shovel no more and have a bunch of asphalt).

So thank y’all for having this forum available and I’m looking forward to hopefully sooner rather than later joining the pioneer family.

I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle, Go Cart, Power Wheels
Welcome from southern Indiana I envy those who have more than empty bean fields to ride in. Lol

G

Gunblaize

Jan 4, 2019
Piedmont NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome from southern Indiana

Welcome from southern Indiana I envy those who have more than empty bean fields to ride in. Lol

lol no bean fields, mainly a smaller hay field (about 200x500yds) and a freaking mountain. The mountain is the vast majority of the property. Trails unless cut in the side are all up or down hill. One benefit though is the in laws aren’t but 1.5hr from the closest H&M trailhead so free lodging lol

Reactions: Rambo
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
lol no bean fields, mainly a smaller hay field (about 200x500yds) and a freaking mountain. The mountain is the vast majority of the property. Trails unless cut in the side are all up or down hill. One benefit though is the in laws aren’t but 1.5hr from the closest H&M trailhead so free lodging lol
Yeah that's still bettr
Still sounds better than what I have! We made a trip to H&M a couple years ago really enjoyed that. Didn't do much planning before that trip, would like to go back and do it again. We did ride 212 miles in the two days we were there.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome to the forum from GA.

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from s.w. va. I'm very happy overall with my p1k5 it's an all around unbeatable machine. I've had no seat time in a p5 and very little in a p7 but I would say your concerns are right on with each of those. But like others have said any machine is a honda and therefore great!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I go up a few very steep,very rocky, and muddy hills and worry about the lack of gearing in the 700 and lack of grunt in the 500.
Welcome to the forum. :) That could be a challenge for the 700 depending, but that 500 would surprise you and it’s certainly got the gearing.....:cool:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello, I'm Gunblaize

WELCOME! From NW Arkansas, where the rocks are about the size of quarters! HA!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Central Texas

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club, I hope you enjoy your new 1000. A friendly word of advice, don’t underestimate the 500’s and 700’s, there a several pioneer stunt drivers on this site that can make these machines do things you wouldn’t dream of.:D

Reactions: Mudwing and gch1911
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Rockingham county.

+3 on Rockingham Powersports. (in the town of)

Just bought a brand new, 2017 700-4 for under 11k last month.

Also a 6 x 12 trailer for 1200 with the purchase of the sxs.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!