Hello from Royalwapiti

R

Royalwapiti

Aug 20, 2017
Iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello, I'm Royalwapiti

I am studying this heat issue closely. I was thinking of buying a P1000-3 and after seeing the heat issue am not so sure I will. My B-I-L had a Can-Am Commander 1000 that would boil coffee if you left a cup in the console. They (not sure if it was dealer or Can-Am) bought it back from him. He bought a Polaris. Still deciding.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : No, but I am looking to buy
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV
My off-road experience level is: Ez-Rider
My favorite place to ride is: frozen lakes - Ice fishing , and Elk Camp out west

Reactions: 500oneer
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Cleveland!
Honda just issued a cabin comfort campaign to update every machine(1000's only) that people complain about. Do not let the seat heat be a deciding factor on your purchase anymore. The Honda dealers have to install the update before selling a new machine anyways. Even if it is installed and you find it not enough, a few quick fixes out of pocket and you should be fine.

Edit: On the 1000-3 units, some owners have removed the plastic under the bed and have said it greatly reduces in cab heat.

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
Welcome from Kentucky.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from SE Missouri

R

Royalwapiti

Aug 20, 2017
Iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks folks. Planning to move to South Dakota where these bad boys are street legal with simple mods. Will be pulling a light trailer or sled with ice fishing gear most of the time.

Have a Sportsman 400 right now that is my snow plow for the current 1000 foot driveway, hoping to not need that after the move. (planning for a short driveway in the new house )

Reactions: Remington
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the Great Lakes State! With all the updates on these machines and mods everyone has for options and have ben well tested, you can't go wrong with this machine. Just remember...forums are mostly about people with problems not about haveing a dinner party that there machine worked wonderful today lol. This forum is different! It has everything, the good, bad and the ugly. Mostly the good and fun things people do. Don't sweat the small stuff. The heat issue is the small stuff! In fact most things on this machine is the small stuff. Go ahead pull the Tigger you'll be glad you did:)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!