Hello from Southern Illinois

fuzz_nut98

fuzz_nut98

Feb 17, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Appreciate the forum, it's been very helpful! Recently bought a used 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5. I've purchased several Pioneer 700's for my company but finally jumped in for one for the family. Our town recently legalized side by sides on the road so it will be used to cruise around town and back roads mostly but also for duck hunting and local trail riding when time allows. A farmer had it to haul hay to his horses and spent a bunch on accessories. I over research everything I purchase and have made a couple upgrades with light bar and pod lights. Bought the wiring off the Club Store and which worked out great! Bought some 28" terrabites as well and they seem fine so far. Only thing i'm considering in the short term is a dual battery upgrade because of all the accessories already on it plus adding the lights. I've read a lot on this forum and it's been very helpful. My main gripe with the machine is that it's Camo and it has flaked off all across the machine. It doesn't look terrible because how busy the graphic is but it's a very poor quality coating. Makes me nervous even washing it. Has Honda ever addressed this? I didn't figure there is much support for a used machine out of warranty.

Anyway, Thanks!

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello and Welcome from Southwest Ohio,,, It is a fairly big job to change the front cowl but I think there has been several that have changed colors with new panels relatively cheap, it sounds like the hardest part is changing the front end, there is info somewhere on this site about it,,,,,,
Smile emoge

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Appreciate the forum, it's been very helpful! Recently bought a used 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5. I've purchased several Pioneer 700's for my company but finally jumped in for one for the family. Our town recently legalized side by sides on the road so it will be used to cruise around town and back roads mostly but also for duck hunting and local trail riding when time allows. A farmer had it to haul hay to his horses and spent a bunch on accessories. I over research everything I purchase and have made a couple upgrades with light bar and pod lights. Bought the wiring off the Club Store and which worked out great! Bought some 28" terrabites as well and they seem fine so far. Only thing i'm considering in the short term is a dual battery upgrade because of all the accessories already on it plus adding the lights. I've read a lot on this forum and it's been very helpful. My main gripe with the machine is that it's Camo and it has flaked off all across the machine. It doesn't look terrible because how busy the graphic is but it's a very poor quality coating. Makes me nervous even washing it. Has Honda ever addressed this? I didn't figure there is much support for a used machine out of warranty.

Anyway, Thanks!

Welcome to the club from Tennessee;) pics pics pics 😆

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!