Hello from tcallre

T

tcallre

Sep 13, 2017
SW Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I'm tcallre

Greetings Honda SxS people! I discovered this forum and have been a lurker for a while as in the past I've joined forums only to find better ones around the corner. My lurking has showed me the true experts reside here.
I have a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000 5. I sadly inherited it when my father passed away last year. He had bought it in June 2016 and two days later suffered a stroke. My sister and I could have moved it along with selling his quads. I convinced my wife to let me purchase my sisters half and we would keep it for a year or two and sell it if we weren't using it with little loss. It's a great machine.
My wife and I were dirt bike riders in our younger years and spent seven years on 650 duel sport bikes in our late forties. My parents got into quads in the late eighties and were very generous in letting us use them. A couple of years ago the bikes were traded for a Miata. Now in our late fifties we find the Pioneer is perfect for mild country outings and running around our small town that allows ATV's on city streets.
My main motivation at this time is to gain knowledge and advice from folks who use their ATV for plowing snow as I know that adding a plow to my Pioneer will enhance my lifestyle.

Thank you,
tcallre

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes, this is my first.
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Intermediate
My favorite place to ride is: Family ranch in SW Utah.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from SE Missouri

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Texas

J

JTW

Welcome... I'm no expert but I can direct your call to someone who can assist you!

Reactions: Bigtee
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sorry to hear about your loss but hopefully you're bringing apart of the spirit along for the ride. Many here come from dirtbike backgrounds If it's got an engine with a seat it must be fun. Welcome to the club!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry to hear about your father. Mine to had suffered a stroke a 3 years ago. It's a difficult thing to go through. I'm sure he would be proud of you taking his machine from what it is to what it will be:).
Welcome aboard from the Great state of
Michigan

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum there is a lot of good information and people on here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!