Hello Honda SxS'ers!

NationalCycle

NationalCycle

Vendor
May 9, 2017
Maywood, IL
Ownership

1. 500
We are National Cycle, America's oldest (1937) powersports accessories manufacturer.

National Cycle is the world leader in powersports windshield technology, with more distribution than any other windshield company in the world.

We are an OEM supplier to BMW, BRP, Can-Am, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Polaris, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha and many others – all companies who share our philosophy of quality design and manufacturing.

National Cycle has developed more innovations and holds more patents for the design and production of windshields than any other company in the powersports industry. We listen to our customers and work hard to maintain our leadership position. We are proud that we continue to design, engineer and manufacture our fine products at National Cycle, Inc. Maywood, IL U.S.A.

DOWNLOADS
National Cycle's Innovation: Polycarbonate and Quantum® Hardcoating (PDF)
National Cycle Windshields for Popular UTV Models (PDF)

NEWS PAGE
National Cycle Wash'n'Wipe™ Windshields for Popular SxS UTVs with Demo Video

ONLINE CATALOG PAGES
Wash'n'Wipe™ SxS UTV Windshields
National Cycle SxS UTV Windshields

PRODUCT PAGE
Products for Honda Pioneer 500/700

YOUTUBE VIDEOS
National Cycle Wash'n'Wipe™ SxS Windshields
National Cycle Wash'n'Wipe™ Windshields for Popular SxS UTVs

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here.

Thanks!

A

atv

Feb 13, 2013
Ownership

1. Big Red
Hello,
Welcome to the club.
That sure is a nice windshield you make there. I have one on my list but not ready to buy.

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I see your application chart has nothing for the Honda Pioneer 1000. It is starting g it's 3rd model year this fall. Will you be offering a windshield for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
We want a glass windshield that can fully open and close for a Honda pioneer 1000!!

Like the one from Alumalite Armor
Screenshot 20170706 004006

NationalCycle

NationalCycle

Vendor
May 9, 2017
Maywood, IL
Ownership

1. 500
I see your application chart has nothing for the Honda Pioneer 1000. It is starting g it's 3rd model year this fall. Will you be offering a windshield for it?

Well, if we sell enough windshields for the 500/700, we'll probably take a look at getting a 1000 and developing a windshield for it. Nothing definite yet, however.

NationalCycle

NationalCycle

Vendor
May 9, 2017
Maywood, IL
Ownership

1. 500
We want a glass windshield <snip>!!

We're firm believers in hardcoated polycarbonate. It's not just a material -- it's a religion. We're cultists about it.

We make OEM UTV windshields and large canopy windshields (enclosed scooters, small urban transport vehicles) for manufacturers around the world, and they are approved for use with windshield wipers everywhere. The reason is our exclusive Quantum® hardcoating, which is the toughest and most scratch resistant hardcoating available.

The other big factors for us are impact resistance and weight. Nothing will beat our Quantum hardcoated polycarbonate.

Chart AbrasionResistance

Chart ImpactResistance

Chart WeightDifference

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We're firm believers in hardcoated polycarbonate. It's not just a material -- it's a religion. We're cultists about it.

We make OEM UTV windshields and large canopy windshields (enclosed scooters, small urban transport vehicles) for manufacturers around the world, and they are approved for use with windshield wipers everywhere. The reason is our exclusive Quantum® hardcoating, which is the toughest and most scratch resistant hardcoating available.

The other big factors for us are impact resistance and weight. Nothing will beat our Quantum hardcoated polycarbonate.

View attachment 48232

View attachment 48233

View attachment 48234

How does abrasion of your quantum hardcoat compare to auto glass?

Reactions: sharp and JTW
NationalCycle

NationalCycle

Vendor
May 9, 2017
Maywood, IL
Ownership

1. 500
How does abrasion of your quantum hardcoat compare to auto glass?

Don't have comparison data on hardcoated PC vs glass. We'll assume glass has a VERY HARD surface.

Quantum's surface is also very hard -- it measures 88 degrees on a Tantec contact angle meter. That means the surface is so hard that water beads up and falls off rather than sheeting. Right now we're working on a formulation that will push it past 100 degrees. In other words, it will be completely hydrophobic.

For abrasion testing, we ran a simulated wiper test with standard windshield wipers on a sheet of our Quantum hardcoated polycarbonate. It just ran 24 hours a day. It went through a combination of dry wipes, dry wipes with one cup of sand thrown in every few hours, wet wipes from a rain machine, and wet wipes with a cup of sand thrown in every few hours.

We did this for a cycle of ONE MILLION windshield wipes, and then measured the results against our Taber Abraser diagnostic machine. There were no appreciable abrasions or scratches.

Honda was impressed. They gave us one of these:

QuantumAward

J

JTW

View attachment 48232

View attachment 48233

View attachment 48234
I can understand that... just make something that real world stands up to abrasion resistance like glass and that fully opens!

That's not asking for much.. :rolleyes:;)

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah, A windshield they can fully open or close would be awesome and I would also be in the market for one!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, if we sell enough windshields for the 500/700, we'll probably take a look at getting a 1000 and developing a windshield for it. Nothing definite yet, however.
Well for what it's worth, I'd buy one for my P-1000 based off of the looks of your P-500 and P-700 versions. My OEM Honda shield is a leaking, ill fitting, self destructing piece of garbage!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We are National Cycle, America's oldest (1937) powersports accessories manufacturer.

National Cycle is the world leader in powersports windshield technology, with more distribution than any other windshield company in the world.

We are an OEM supplier to BMW, BRP, Can-Am, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Polaris, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha and many others – all companies who share our philosophy of quality design and manufacturing.

National Cycle has developed more innovations and holds more patents for the design and production of windshields than any other company in the powersports industry. We listen to our customers and work hard to maintain our leadership position. We are proud that we continue to design, engineer and manufacture our fine products at National Cycle, Inc. Maywood, IL U.S.A.

DOWNLOADS

NEWS PAGE

ONLINE CATALOG PAGES

PRODUCT PAGE

YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Thanks!

DOWNLOADS

NEWS PAGE

ONLINE CATALOG PAGES

PRODUCT PAGE

YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Thanks!
Do you make eye glasses?

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't have comparison data on hardcoated PC vs glass. We'll assume glass has a VERY HARD surface.

Quantum's surface is also very hard -- it measures 88 degrees on a Tantec contact angle meter. That means the surface is so hard that water beads up and falls off rather than sheeting. Right now we're working on a formulation that will push it past 100 degrees. In other words, it will be completely hydrophobic.

For abrasion testing, we ran a simulated wiper test with standard windshield wipers on a sheet of our Quantum hardcoated polycarbonate. It just ran 24 hours a day. It went through a combination of dry wipes, dry wipes with one cup of sand thrown in every few hours, wet wipes from a rain machine, and wet wipes with a cup of sand thrown in every few hours.

We did this for a cycle of ONE MILLION windshield wipes, and then measured the results against our Taber Abraser diagnostic machine. There were no appreciable abrasions or scratches.

Honda was impressed. They gave us one of these:

View attachment 48236
I WILL buy one for my Pioneer 1000. Please me one. I have a Honda glass windshield. heavy, non vented and chips easily ( lots of rocks in Arizona! ) I need one of your hard coat windshields.

Last edited:
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to echo the others of wanting a tip out windshield that can be used with a wiper for the 1000. Would buy it in a heart beat!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!