P700 Helmets ans Seatbelts

G

General

Jul 19, 2017
Halifax,NS
Ownership

1. 700-4
hi guys

Love the new 700-4 Deluxe, looking for some input in regards to Helmets, specifically for younger kids, my 4 and 3 are loving The bike to sit on but I haven't secured decent helmets, I have two open face ones, but wondering if any of you are using a full face helmet etc, if so what type and any thoughts on those.

I aalso have read through a few posts on seatbelt added to front bench for the middle that Honda doesn't supply, looking to see if anyone has added, I priced the passenger headrest that comes with the seatbelt harness on the 1000 to put on my 700 but having issues getting that, I have seen the lap belt on eBay but again wanted to check first with this group.

New to this forum but already lots of questions answered and thx for any responses

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the group! I use the full face helmets for my kiddos. I want them to have full protection even if we aren't acting wild. I haven't looked into a middle belt for the front.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I priced the passenger headrest that comes with the seatbelt harness on the 1000 to put on my 700 but having issues getting that,

I have not seen a center headrest.
Wonder if this is a Canada only thing like the P500 glass windsheild in New Zealand?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Helmets for kids and are cheap.
Just get on Search and look up helmet sizing for kids and get the helmet to the larger size, cause their melon keep growing.also make sure if you have girls and boys you do a neutral color for boy or girl.
My kids are not fond of the helmets but tough cookies if we are at a place that requires it.
Most of time I drive 13 mph in second gear and they pile blankets in back and pillows....
Just be careful with seat belts they acts as chokers for younginz sometimes...

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I bought my girls, 3 & 5 Motocross style helmets from Amazon. Definitely a good fit if you go by the charts provided.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: swsebek
xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I bought my girls, 3 & 5 Motocross style helmets from Amazon. Definitely a good fit if you go by the charts provided.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Helmets for the Kids and the Adults, I upgraded our 1000-5 to 4 point Beard Harnesses and still wear full face Bell Helmets Better safe then sorry, Last thing you need is a fun filled day out with the kids and someone get seriously hurt for life b/c they too cool to wear helmets !!

Also it may not even be you, some ahole on the trail could hit you guys, happens all the time.....;)

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Helmets for the Kids and the Adults, I upgraded our 1000-5 to 4 point Beard Harnesses and still wear full face Bell Helmets Better safe then sorry

LOL beard harnesses!

Reactions: swsebek
G

General

Jul 19, 2017
Halifax,NS
Ownership

1. 700-4
Helmets for the Kids and the Adults, I upgraded our 1000-5 to 4 point Beard Harnesses and still wear full face Bell Helmets Better safe then sorry, Last thing you need is a fun filled day out with the kids and someone get seriously hurt for life b/c they too cool to wear helmets !!

Also it may not even be you, some ahole on the trail could hit you guys, happens all the time.....;)

I just looked those beard harness up, where did u buy and can u take a pic of those installed ??

Reactions: Mudwing and utvmi
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
LOL beard harnesses!
LOL all you want, get your beard caught in an axle and its game over :eek:

20150818 163618 zpstg0xclgw

advertisement
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just read through that thread again (been awhile since I posted it) and I think it will answer any question you may have about this mod. Check out what @Tramguage1 did later in the thread, especially the bar connecting the headrests. The inner shoulder strap has a habit of sliding down the bar if you don't do something to keep it in place.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh yeah you asked about helmets too. I put my 5 year old nephew in a full face motocross helmet. It works fine now, but when he was younger it made me a bit nervous going over rougher terrain because of the "bobble head effect" that young kids get because their necks aren't strong enough to support the extra weight. I've heard of people using full face mountain bike helmets because they're much lighter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!