P1000 Help Installing Rear Fabric Panel with Hard Roof

Z

zandroid

Jan 12, 2019
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi Folks,

I have a P1k3. I ordered the Honda fabric rear panel for it. I assumed it installed with the Honda hard roof, since Honda shows that configuration in promotional material, but I can't figure out how to install it around or under the rear roof clamps. I know several on the forum have this configuration. What is the best way to install it? Do I need make a cut out around the roof clamps?

I searched the forum, but didn't see any topics related to this. If this is in the wrong forum, please move or let me know what I need to do to have it moved.

Thanks!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Folks,

I have a P1k3. I ordered the Honda fabric rear panel for it. I assumed it installed with the Honda hard roof, since Honda shows that configuration in promotional material, but I can't figure out how to install it around or under the rear roof clamps. I know several on the forum have this configuration. What is the best way to install it? Do I need make a cut out around the roof clamps?

I searched the forum, but didn't see any topics related to this. If this is in the wrong forum, please move or let me know what I need to do to have it moved.

Thanks!
It will fit with the factory roof.
The directions leave a bit to be desired to be honest.
Figuring out how it all goes together is quite the process unless you have someone to send pictures to you.
I will try to take some tonight on my 5 seater to show how mine is mounted. The only difference between the 2 panels is a pair of slits on the 5 seat for the rear nets.

Reactions: trigger
Muhkan51

Muhkan51

Love this thing!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi Folks,

Thanks!
I have a P1K3 also with the Honda roof and fabric rear panel. i found it much easier if I unclamped the roof all around so it could be lifted up a bit and proped up for clearance. You have two clips that attach to the rops on each corner. Get them in first and then wrap the two velcro bands near the middle over the rops and attach. Straighten the panel to center and then attach the adjustable straps to the sides and the center lower seat back rops and tighten. You can then reclamp the roof.

Z

zandroid

Jan 12, 2019
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the replies!

I got it sorted out. Mine doesn't have cutouts for the clamps, but I unscrewed the roof from the clamps using the hex bolts at the back of the roof. I only loosened the bolts then slid the rear panel up between the roof and the clamp, then tightened the bolts back. It's still a little bunched, but better than trying to go over the clamps.

I"ll try to get some picture and post over the weekend.

Muhkan51

Muhkan51

Love this thing!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the replies!

I got it sorted out. Mine doesn't have cutouts for the clamps, but I unscrewed the roof from the clamps using the hex bolts at the back of the roof. I only loosened the bolts then slid the rear panel up between the roof and the clamp, then tightened the bolts back. It's still a little bunched, but better than trying to go over the clamps.

I"ll try to get some picture and post over the weekend.
Good deal. Glad you got it fixed. That thing is a little tight when installing, for sure.

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got around to installing my honda soft rear panel. Box appeared sealed but I’m missing the right side top hook strap and bottom loop strap.

Bought on eBay from a high volume seller. Of course I’m past the 15 day return window....

8FF0B82E 49A3 4717 8154 CFCA63287B2C

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got around to installing my honda soft rear panel. Box appeared sealed but I’m missing the right side top hook strap and bottom loop strap.

Bought on eBay from a high volume seller. Of course I’m past the 15 day return window....

View attachment 119048
You should be able to order those from your dealer.

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just used zip ties which seem to wrk better with my custom metal roof

Reactions: Smitty335
N

Nivek

Dec 30, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
So, I have the fabric mid/ rear panel on the way. Part 0sr95-hl3- 211a. It’s the one with the half moon part that can be unzipped. What am in for... thanks for any help, nivek

N

Nivek

Dec 30, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh, and I do have the Honda roo on my 700

advertisement
T

turdbrownLE

Nov 8, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A.
So, I have the fabric mid/ rear panel on the way. Part 0sr95-hl3- 211a. It’s the one with the half moon part that can be unzipped. What am in for... thanks for any help, nivek
Couple good install videos on youtube. I would recommend immediately throwing the vague description of randomness honda calls instructions away. Watch a 5 minute video and it takes about 5 minutes to install.

Reactions: TripleB
N

Nivek

Dec 30, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks turdbrownLE. Even with the Honda roof. Thanks again!

T

turdbrownLE

Nov 8, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks turdbrownLE. Even with the Honda roof. Thanks again!
Yes. I have the fabric mid panel on my 1000-5 and installed it with the honda hard roof already in place. I also have a boss soundbar mounted in the way. Moving the boss clamp systems sucks, but the roof wasn't an issue at all

N

Nivek

Dec 30, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wow, that’s great turdbrownLE. Thanks again

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!