P500 High Altitude P500

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I was wondering if there is any forum experience with using the P500 for high altitude trails with two adults onboard and a couple hundred pounds of camping equipment. I am not looking for high performance, just trying to determine if it is capable at trail speeds. Years ago I rode a Honda XR250 through the mountains of Colorado and Utah and anything about 9000 feet was like riding a way overweight 125. Back in the day all bikes had carbs so I am hoping fuel injections has helped a lot.

Reactions: J80, TimG and TxDoc
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You used the word speed and P500 in the same post in relation to each other. Something is obviously wrong. ;)

I've not been into even moderate elevations with mine, but I think it is geared low enough that it will do high elevations loaded down ok. It will be a fun trip. It won't be a fast trip though.

Red is still the fastest color though.

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for all responses. I will have some first hand experience after summer. Sorry for the contradictory wording, I meant "trail pace". Even in my prime the other word didn't really apply.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all responses. I will have some first hand experience after summer. Sorry for the contradictory wording, I meant "trail pace". Even in my prime the other word didn't really apply.
Look forward to seeing pics of the adventures

C

caballero59

Oct 26, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I've had mine over 13000' with three good sized people crammed on board (uncomfortable!). It's was no hotrod but it didn't seem to be laboring.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!