P1000 High idle, clutch engages while stopped in gear??

Z

z71on46s

Mar 27, 2016
Lake Helen FL
Just bought a Pioneer 5 on Friday and have put about 80 miles on it so far. All is well except last night I'm noticing that when I come to a complete stop the clutch will engage and disengage because I'm too close to the friction zone. Tach appears to read 1200 rpm at idle, so is that too high or is my clutch engaging too soon? I want to address ASAP, also does not want to shift between H/L/R because of this issue. I did some searching before this post and did not find any issues similar to mine, any help will be appreciated.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It needs to be adjusted. Take it to the dealer and they will do it for you.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
dezs1775

dezs1775

Dec 26, 2015
Orange city Florida
Just needs to be adjusted. Take it to Wayne at Seminole power sports in Sanford. He will adjust everything.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone with service manual can help?
How to adjust the idel?

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
There is no adjustment. You might have a vacuum leak or a sticking IACV idle air control valve. Should be an easy fix if its a high idle.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just bought a Pioneer 5 on Friday and have put about 80 miles on it so far. All is well except last night I'm noticing that when I come to a complete stop the clutch will engage and disengage because I'm too close to the friction zone. Tach appears to read 1200 rpm at idle, so is that too high or is my clutch engaging too soon? I want to address ASAP, also does not want to shift between H/L/R because of this issue. I did some searching before this post and did not find any issues similar to mine, any help will be appreciated.
Did you ever get this resolved?

D

Deanb

Mar 26, 2016
Stonyplain
my 1000-5 did the same thing it would roll ahead while in gear . honda replaced the clutch on warranty because it was burn't. I am hoping for a fix I can see this doing it again. toooo small of a clutch

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!