P1000 Highlifter forward A-arms. Need Help!

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hi - I've already talked about this on another thread, but wanted to start a new one to get any responses for those who have installed the HL forward arms. I've installed mine and the shock mounts do not line up with the shock mounts on the frame. They are forward with the arms about .75 of an inch or so. I can force the shock over into the new location, but I can tell its being stressed and not working correctly. I feel like it is going to damage the shocks. Here are some pics attached. You can see the one pic has two white lines- of the stock angle and the current angle (moved forward). Has anyone had this issue?

IMG 4561 IMG 4563 IMG 4564 IMG 4566

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
wow, they actually just called back and said they will not work with the fox shocks. Apparently the stock shocks have a different bushing that is flexible and works. I'm really hoping my shocks are not damaged. They said I need to send them back for a refund. I'm going to be out of riding again for a while it looks like.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That sucks dude. Im sorry to here this.
I know what your talking about with the bushings not being flexable like joints on the other brands.

We need to change this to a warning post for HL/Fox combo.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
wow, they actually just called back and said they will not work with the fox shocks. Apparently the stock shocks have a different bushing that is flexible and works. I'm really hoping my shocks are not damaged. They said I need to send them back for a refund. I'm going to be out of riding again for a while it looks like.

This is very frustrating. Does anyone know if the SuperATV ones work with the fox shocks? I'm assuming yes since many of you look to be running that combo. I've got to get them ordered and here asap.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is very frustrating. Does anyone know if the SuperATV ones work with the fox shocks? I'm assuming yes since many of you look to be running that combo. I've got to get them ordered and here asap.

Yes you have to flip the rear ones so the reservoirs are forward (swap side with them) or they will hit under compression.

3bbdda59fc3755ac9afbfbdeb594f090

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Probably do, but I've got a bad bushing on my Super ATV A arm, thats got maybe 400 miles on it. Called them the bushings have a warranty of 3 months, they will only sell me a complete set for $ 90.00 because there 6 months old. I have emailed them about lack of product support and no reply, guess they don't need my business!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably do, but I've got a bad bushing on my Super ATV A arm, thats got maybe 400 miles on it. Called them the bushings have a warranty of 3 months, they will only sell me a complete set for $ 90.00 because there 6 months old. I have emailed them about lack of product support and no reply, guess they don't need my business!

Yep same with bad bushing.

I’m going to have some UHMW ones made and then grease them like a pig.

wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
I have HL a-arms and fox shocks....they seem to work just fine.

Reactions: JTW
K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. If I recall correctly mine is the 3" super atv lift and I have fox shocks on the front. Had to turn the reservoir to the inside though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!