russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Took my 1000-3 in for the transmission / accelerator pedal upgrade today. Talking with the service guy, he said the transmission and engine oil were not separated. I was under the impression they had separate reservoirs? He also said full synthetic was fine as long as it was for motorcycles. Said automotive synthetic was not compatible with the clutches.

Reactions: BWAF
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oil should be MA or higher rated. Synthetic or conventional is fine.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Took my 1000-3 in for the transmission / accelerator pedal upgrade today. Talking with the service guy, he said the transmission and engine oil were not separated. I was under the impression they had separate reservoirs? He also said full synthetic was fine as long as it was for motorcycles. Said automotive synthetic was not compatible with the clutches.
Sub trans is separate. More than likely he's never worked on a pioneer. He probably don't even know that Honda is a pioneer.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!