P700 Home made windsheild

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
Ok so I went to the plastic company near by and was going to buy some lexan for my project ($300) and was advised by the local guru there that I should use high impact plexi 1/4" ($70)since I will be hunting with it as the branches and stuff won't scratch it as bad. He also said if I can mount it where it can flex it should never break unless it's a really hard small impact and also to change it every few years so here's what I came up with used Velcro cinch straps to mount it total about $80

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: d_b and SHAWNSHONDA
R

rmbrown77

Sep 16, 2015
Very nice! Did you have the plastics company cut the plastic or did you do it? Where did you buy the Velcro straps?

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
Very nice! Did you have the plastics company cut the plastic or did you do it? Where did you buy the Velcro straps?
I cut it with my circular caw carbide blade made the angles with my multi tool with a grit blade it also made the slots for the Velcro. Velcro is from Home Depot. I think if I were to do it again I would probably just try to use the industrial strength Velcro down the whole bar and glass no slots cut had a golf cart like that once and hauled it down the highway all the time with the glass still on.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!