Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to share this homemade fuel caddy I assembled.

I have a diesel IH tractor and a smaller diesel skid loader that need fuel. 5 gal fuel cans is a big pia, but I didn’t want a 300 gal fuel barrel either.

I picked up a new empty bulk oil barrel up from a local fuel and oil distributor for $25

the cart I had, but I’m going to put drum dolly under it for $35 off amazon.

12v pump kit from eBay for $60

I picked up the filter housing, filter and copper fittings for about $70.

used the 3/4 npt bung as my suction so that I can have the barrel filled as needed.

I used chemical banjo cam fittings on the pump side so that if I want I can disconnect the pump and use for pulling from other tanks or vehicles. I’m not sure how well it will hold up but I believe it will be fine.

For the pickup tube, I soldered a 1/2 copper pipe to a 1/2 union fitting. On the inside of a 3/4 npt male copper fitting I soldered the the 1/2” pipe and union. From there it’s into a 3/4 valve and 3/4” filter housing. The pickup tube is about 2” from the bottom.

0B685B16 86E5 450B BA73 E283DB91B58C

I still need to mount the pump a bit better but you get the idea. Probably will use a wood block or something under the filter to keep the leverage minimal on the pipe fittings.

Works crazy awesome and fast!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to share this homemade fuel caddy I assembled.

I have a diesel IH tractor and a smaller diesel skid loader that need fuel. 5 gal fuel cans is a big pia, but I didn’t want a 300 gal fuel barrel either.

I picked up a new empty bulk oil barrel up from a local fuel and oil distributor for $25

the cart I had, but I’m going to put drum dolly under it for $35 off amazon.

12v pump kit from eBay for $60

I picked up the filter housing, filter and copper fittings for about $70.

used the 3/4 npt bung as my suction so that I can have the barrel filled as needed.

I used chemical banjo cam fittings on the pump side so that if I want I can disconnect the pump and use for pulling from other tanks or vehicles. I’m not sure how well it will hold up but I believe it will be fine.

For the pickup tube, I soldered a 1/2 copper pipe to a 1/2 union fitting. On the inside of a 3/4 npt male copper fitting I soldered the the 1/2” pipe and union. From there it’s into a 3/4 valve and 3/4” filter housing. The pickup tube is about 2” from the bottom.

View attachment 206255

I still need to mount the pump a bit better but you get the idea. Probably will use a wood block or something under the filter to keep the leverage minimal on the pipe fittings.

Works crazy awesome and fast!
I have done something similar but used a plastic 55 gal drum with an manual pump. Puts out about qt/stroke to refill skidsteer.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn’t try this with Gasoline ...well unless you set up some cameras to catch the mayhem once it gets hot around noon.

Reactions: Vikes79
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn’t try this with Gasoline ...well unless you set up some cameras to catch the mayhem once it gets hot around noon.

Yes with gasoline you would need to be grounded and vented.

I keep my gas in separate several 6 gallon fuel cans as they are much easier to fill at ground level.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!