P1000 Honda 3P Rear Soft Panel

S

Slowdog

Mar 28, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I was considering purchasing a Honda rear soft panel for my 1000P3, but the information listed says that you need to have a front windshield if using a Honda rear soft panel. I was wondering if it was compatible with a half windshield. Does anyone run a half windshield with soft rear?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have both a front and rear solid glass on my rig but what you're describing to me sounds like a sail. Don't think that there would be any way that you could get away with a soft back and a half front.

Reactions: Mudwing
S

Slowdog

Mar 28, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I was thinking the same thing but I see the soft rear being used with a flip out windshield? If the flip out is full open wouldn't that be the same?

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Super ATV flip out windshield and the Honda soft rear panel on my 1000-3 and haven't had any issues. I don't keep the windshield full open if I'm hauling azz though because that would truly be a sail in the wind. The rear panel unzips so you can roll it up to let the air pass through if needed. I have towed my rig at 75mph for 900 miles with no damage, but the windshield was closed. I'm sure a half windshield and the rear not rolled up would probably do some damage if you was towing it down the interstate.

R

Russ

Apr 28, 2016
mn
I was considering purchasing a Honda rear soft panel for my 1000P3, but the information listed says that you need to have a front windshield if using a Honda rear soft panel. I was wondering if it was compatible with a half windshield. Does anyone run a half windshield with soft rear?
I modified a 1000-3 soft top and a 1000-5 soft panel to work on my 1000-5 I use a half windshield soft doors and just unzip the back panel.

Reactions: YardDog
S

Slowdog

Mar 28, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the Super ATV flip out windshield and the Honda soft rear panel on my 1000-3 and haven't had any issues. I don't keep the windshield full open if I'm hauling azz though because that would truly be a sail in the wind. The rear panel unzips so you can roll it up to let the air pass through if needed. I have towed my rig at 75mph for 900 miles with no damage, but the windshield was closed. I'm sure a half windshield and the rear not rolled up would probably do some damage if you was towing it down the interstate.
Thanks for the reply! I haul mine in an enclosed trailer so transporting won't be an issue. It sounds like when I'm cruising around the hills the combination of a half windshield and a soft rear panel should be okay.

Reactions: YardDog
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You shouldn't have any problems. Might catch air and hold you back at high speeds, but otherwise you will be good to go.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!