P700m4 Honda add on skid plates

SFC

SFC

Apr 22, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone used the Honda add on skid plates? I realized that after this weekend I need a set but on a limited budget. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Has anyone used the Honda add on skid plates? I realized that after this weekend I need a set but on a limited budget. Any suggestions?

Save up for composite skids I really like mine! Helped a buddy install his two weeks ago Under Armor, on his 700, fit was great!

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Save up for composite skids I really like mine! Helped a buddy install his two weeks ago Under Armor, on his 700, fit was great!
Did you install it with the machine on the ground or did you lift the front way up in the air so you could get to it all without crawling under the machine? Looks like time consuming...
I would like a set, but a little expensive.... Any Rattles...?

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Did you install it with the machine on the ground or did you lift the front way up in the air so you could get to it all without crawling under the machine? Looks like time consuming...
I would like a set, but a little expensive.... Any Rattles...?
Used a trac hoe and tilted it up on its side, that way you can do one side at a time, A hoist will do the same. Throw a strap around the middle vertical ROP bar and lift it up and have at it, 3 hrs max if your drinking beer!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes I didn't have anything positive to say other than what smitty said.
Save up and protect it right.
I wanted them too ,but the need hasn't been there,going cheap is no option.
I'm not too keen on aluminum for long time wearing. Because it's to heavy of a ride and you would need half inch.
But I don't have 1/2 inch aluminum laying around
Steel is a fat NO.
Cheapest route I found was to make your own by buying a big 1/2 sheet of UHMW plastic and take off your stock one and make a new one. If you want it bigger like the ones they sale than you can see how to do it.
The only reason I didn't get them is need is minimum and I ride where brush and fields grass builds up.The skids hold a lot of weight in mud and crap.and I didn't want to drill holes in the ROPS bottoms. They're are no cheap options on market under 500 bucks that I have seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deluxe700
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I also put a 3 inch lift and fox shocks with 28s and that kept my azz from dragging

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes I didn't have anything positive to say other than what smitty said.
Save up and protect it right.
I wanted them too ,but the need hasn't been there,going cheap is no option.
I'm not too keen on aluminum for long time wearing. Because it's to heavy of a ride and you would need half inch.
But I don't have 1/2 inch aluminum laying around
Steel is a fat NO.
Cheapest route I found was to make your own by buying a big 1/2 sheet of UHMW plastic and take off your stock one and make a new one. If you want it bigger like the ones they sale than you can see how to do it.
The only reason I didn't get them is need is minimum and I ride where brush and fields grass builds up.The skids hold a lot of weight in mud and crap.and I didn't want to drill holes in the ROPS bottoms. They're are no cheap options on market under 500 bucks that I have seen.
Good Summary...Thanks @swsebek ... I appreciate the info.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here’s one way to install the skid plates....

1594ee4c52d5c52bff265add07cc8f4e

I also agree with saving up and doing it right. Skid plate is not something you want to skimp on.

Dribbles

Dribbles

Apr 30, 2017
Land O Lakes, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have been researching skids the past month.

I have a couple questions. There is aluminum, steel, and UHMW skid plates. Read that steel is heavy and will rust and aluminum can bend. I really haven't heard anything bad about UHMW.
What are your thoughts?
I have been leaning towards Pro Armour UHMW Skids. Does anyone have experience with them? How did they hold up? How hard to install? Best place to purchase?
Any other recommendations?
Thanks

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I have a couple questions. There is aluminum, steel, and UHMW skid plates. Read that steel is heavy and will rust and aluminum can bend. I really haven't heard anything bad about UHMW.
What are your thoughts?
I have been leaning towards Pro Armour UHMW Skids. Does anyone have experience with them? How did they hold up? How hard to install? Best place to purchase?
Thanks

The only negative with UHMW is the price. It performs great in all conditions

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trail armor is SOLID product, wish I’d gotten them instead of the thin crap I’ve got.

Reactions: Dribbles
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

What are your thoughts?
Thanks
Under Armor are great skids! I have a set, won't protect your side rails from getting bent from a big impact, but nothing will. Slides over rocks and logs wonderfully!

Dribbles

Dribbles

Apr 30, 2017
Land O Lakes, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Under Armor are great skids! I have a set, won't protect your side rails from getting bent from a big impact, but nothing will. Slides over rocks and logs wonderfully!
Thanks for the rienforcement.
Trail Armor it is! I checked forum and they are sponsor. They have a discount code "10OVER250" and I can't get it to work.
Anyone have any ideas?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the rienforcement.
Trail Armor it is! I checked forum and they are sponsor. They have a discount code "10OVER250" and I can't get it to work.
Anyone have any ideas?
I don't have a clue might pm hondaSxS

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Doesn’t under armor make clothes? Maybe you are thinking of your underwear smitty.... lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!