BOX1

P500 Honda Announces 2023 Pioneer 500/520

A

arachnyd

Feb 20, 2023
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
That's an excellent point, just make the 520. Wouldn't that make it easier to get some inventory to market?
No, they still have to make both engines for the atvs.

I think it's like the Camaro LS... Very few were made and if you look right now it's almost impossible to find a 500.. but it keeps their conversation in the MSRP game with a sxs available theoretically at 8999. At the same time they don't have to make or sell many because it shares 100% of the parts with the ATVs and the 520. It's a smart move. There's no 500s shipped in the US yet this year to my knowledge, but they are moving 520s. That's intentional.. just like it was really hard to find a Camaro LS at 21,900.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I would LOVE to get my hands on a P520 in that Black Forest Green, or even the Avenger Red. Needing to get my 50" trail fix in Utah / AZ again.

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Wife's aunt has a monster drink green golf cart had to have it to work on her 50 acres, bought it on first sight.lol krypton green is almost an exact match. Soooo maybe Honda is trying to expand it's market.🤔👍

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

No, they still have to make both engines for the atvs.

I think it's like the Camaro LS... Very few were made and if you look right now it's almost impossible to find a 500.. but it keeps their conversation in the MSRP game with a sxs available theoretically at 8999. At the same time they don't have to make or sell many because it shares 100% of the parts with the ATVs and the 520. It's a smart move. There's no 500s shipped in the US yet this year to my knowledge, but they are moving 520s. That's intentional.. just like it was really hard to find a Camaro LS at 21,900.

They should just DCT the damm thing and simplify the engine lineup even more.

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
^^^^^
Electric? I can’t wait to get a pedal-powered SXS!!!

Flinstones here I come!

Mike

• Haha
Reactions: JWB and Smitty335
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
They should just DCT the damm thing and simplify the engine lineup even more.
Agree 100%, just based on how smooth my Rancher DCT 420 shifts.

But I’ll be a dissenter and think that a single model should be with a hinged/dump flat P500 style rear rack, with the P520 box offered as an bolt on accessory.
A base model w/flat rack offers more options than just a bed, for those needing something custom that works best for them. Some innovative builds in this thread, and have seen some golf cart rear seats/platforms added.
Owner’s choice.

Last edited:
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I'll be honest, I only chose a gas UTV because the electric ones are too expensive... I was reeeeeallly close to buying electric, and I know how utterly unpopular that opinion is. I do DD an EV though lol.
china thanks you for your support

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!