BOX1

Talon Honda Announces FOX Live Valve Treatment for Talon Two-Seaters with Photo Gallery

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

February 1, 2020 — JOHNSON VALLEY, Calif.
On the eve of Team Honda Talon Factory Racing's competition debut at King of the Hammers, Honda today unveiled two new Talon® sport side-by-side models—the 2021 Talon 1000R FOX® Live Valve and Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve. Important additions to the rapidly growing Talon family, the FOX Live Valve two-seat models transform the drive experience through intelligent electronic suspension that uses Honda's proprietary software to automatically adjust to terrain and driving situations, providing optimal handling performance and comfort in varying conditions.
Focused on performance, speed and style, both Talon 1000 FOX Live Valve models also boast new colors and Launch Mode, an easy-to-engage system that kicks the ride off to with full-throttle acceleration from a dead stop. For added style, the frame and Rollover Protective Structure are color-matched.
"Since last year's launch of the Talon 1000X-4 FOX Live Valve four-seat side-by-side, customers have asked about an electronic suspension system for the two-seat Talon models," said Chris Cox, Manager of Experiential Marketing & PR at American Honda. "With the introduction of the Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve and Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve, Honda delivers while growing its sport side-by-side family and ensuring that there's something for every type of off-road enthusiast. The Talon lineup has quickly taken the powersports industry by storm, and with the versatility of these two new models, we can't wait to see where the next trails lead."
TALON 1000X FOX LIVE VALVE
Designed to be maneuverable and precise, the Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve is based on the agile, maneuverable Talon 1000X two-seater platform. Measuring 64 inches wide, it features a 3 Link rear suspension system and FOX Podium 2.5 shocks with 14.4 inches of travel up front and 15.0 inches in the rear. Honda's performance-tuned 999cc four-valve Unicam® parallel-twin engine works with a Dual Clutch Transmission to provide a thrilling ride, while Honda's I-4WD brake traction control system manages the amount of slip between the front wheels when in four-wheel drive, simplifying driving across challenging terrain.
  • Color: Pearl White/Metallic Blue
  • Price: TBD
  • Availability: Spring 2020
  • Info: 2020 Honda Talon
TALON 1000R FOX LIVE VALVE
Sharing the same engine, frame and body as the entire two-seater Talon platform, the Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve uses the combination of high-tech FOX Live Valve technology and Honda's 4+ Link rear suspension configuration to excel in situations where bump absorption and high-speed tracking are priority, while retaining comfort and versatility. A 68.4-inch width combines with FOX Podium 2.5 shocks offering 17.7 and 20.1 inches of travel front and rear, respectively, helping the vehicle shine in areas of the country where vast, open terrain is the norm. Speed, power and style are what the Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve is all about.
  • Color: Metallic Grey
  • Price: TBD
  • Availability: Spring 2020
  • Info: 2020 Honda Talon

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
IDK.. Not liking the blue.
A solid black with red would been sweet.
Yeah, I agree. Personal preference would have been black with red frame or even the grey with red frame like the original P1K5LE colors.

Reactions: Isaiah and BigOL3
Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Well actually I'm not a big fan of the colored frame, but I like the blue more than the orange.

Had the live valve x4 not had an orange frame I would have taken a much harder look at it.

Reactions: Isaiah
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Also not a fan of the blue. Cool to see the LV in the 2 seater though. Interested to see the price point. Assuming about a $2k upcharge for the LV. One way or the other, I'll be sticking to my 19 X.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, mixed feelings on the lack and blue even though that is what I wanted my color scheme of my first Jeep to be..... bet it looks better in person on trail....... not the excitement I was hoping for to as this is the model I have been waiting for

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I would want the X model but I like the R’s color scheme better. I like the blues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah and BigOL3
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
I dig the R

So the live valve x gets 2.5 shocks? Is that the same for the x4? Or typo?

yes the fronts are 2.5 on the live valve.
X4 and x2

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!