Honda big red starter?

L

lazer50

Sep 24, 2016
central indiana
Ownership

1. Big Red
Hello fellas,could someone please help me with the starter location on a 2009 honda big red? I believe mine has bit the dust and i have looked underneath,pulled the passenger seat panel also.thanks in advance.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Big red is not too popular around here anymore. If you do some digging, there is a pdf of the service manual floating around in the big red forum.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
There was also a thread in the Big Red section of the forum about replacing the starter. Just search it.

Reactions: swsebek
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The starter is on the top of the rear crankcase on the passenger side, sitting to the side of the cylinder and extending towards the front of the machine.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Search the big red section on here. I have heard many working on starters and how much fun they are to take out.

Reactions: Mudwing
L

lazer50

Sep 24, 2016
central indiana
Ownership

1. Big Red
I tried searching for starter removal,no luck.i did find the starter,took the 2 10mm bolts out of the top.but the starter still seems solidly mounted? Plus how the heck does it come out? Again thanks for any help.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you read the manual in the thread i tagged you in?
It will detail what other parts and pieces need to be removed to get starter out.

Edit, top right, next to your username is a flag with numbers beside it. Click that and it will tell you where I tagged you.

Reactions: Mudwing
L

lazer50

Sep 24, 2016
central indiana
Ownership

1. Big Red
It will detail what other parts and pieces need to be removed to get starter out.

Edit, top right, next to your username is a flag with numbers beside it. Click that and it will tell you where I tagged you.

L

lazer50

Sep 24, 2016
central indiana
Ownership

1. Big Red

Thank you very much,im just not very savvy with finding my way way around here yet.lol

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@lazer50 keep coming around. You will learn to navigate the forum quickly.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!