P700 Honda Bimini top doesn’t work with Honda windshield?

crawdad62

crawdad62

Apr 6, 2022
Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Still trying to figure whether I want a Honda 1/2 windshield or a full SuperATV/Honda full. But I want a Honda Bimini top. However on the Honda site it shows the Bimini top isn’t compatible with a Honda windshield? Seems crazy. Is that the case?

Reactions: WagginTail
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you looked at the alien shades? Seems a lot of members run them and like them. Not that it helps with your question at all so forgive me.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I use a Bimini top with the 2 piece super ATV shield. For 8 years now.
When I first got the soft top it raised up like a sail going down the road. Then I found on the soft top in the front there is a heavy reinforced strip. So if you put the shield and top on and line them up. Mark out 3 evenly spaced holes at top of shield that will line up in the reinforced spot on soft top. These poly shields drill easily, just be careful.
Once shield is drilled just heat up a screw driver with a propane torch and push it through the holes in shield and through top. Now use a small bolt and lock washer to tighten down.
In the pic you can see the 3 small bolts in center. The larger ones on outside were snaps I had tried. Snaps won’t work for long and will not take 90 mph.😂This top has been on 3 other shields that have failed from abuse.
Also I will shout out to super ATV 2 piece shield which I love.
The Bimini tops do fade over time and can be removed and painted which black acrylic paint to water proof and make like new again.

7331EFD2 B5E5 4FF9 834E A42CCB2E5C55

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Still trying to figure whether I want a Honda 1/2 windshield or a full SuperATV/Honda full. But I want a Honda Bimini top. However on the Honda site it shows the Bimini top isn’t compatible with a Honda windshield? Seems crazy. Is that the case?
Had a Honda Bimini top for a short time. Makes a nice parachute and dosnt clean up very well when muddy if you like sh!t clean. The alien shade is the way to go if u want that kind of top over a hard top

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!