BOX1

P700 Honda Extended Warranty Prices

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thinking about getting it-- p700 2p - My rig will arrive this week and thinking about the HONDA EXT -- what should I expect to pay should I go in with it?

Oddly I'm not a fan (anymore) of buying ext warr. In the past (and I'm a lil over the top) with new BMW's I always got the extended and within 2 years or less than 10k miles I traded it only to fight with BMW to refund my extended (which never kicked in as BMW has 4/50k) and one time (no not at band camp) one transaction the finance guy sent me the entire packet which 'clearly' showed they paid 50% less than I had so it's 100% markup- I vowed never again on vehicles..

This honda will oddly not leave my property and will be used to plow my 150' driveway (yes overkill) long back story on this which I'll save you all from.. like my vehicles this will have low miles which is why I posted the Q- on cost for the HONDA WARRANTY.

Pictures as soon as it's delivered!!

Reactions: swsebek and Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
BFCB5C14 264A 4BA1 A0A0 628F9B124159
5FEF58DC C8A6 4826 8F91 41CEAE4FA5D1
I did not go with the extended warranty. I figured I would repair anything that breaks on my own. The seven hundred is a solid runner. It’s your call, here’s the prices I got.
Then, if you read the fine print, there was a lot of exclusions for them to put in on the owner. So, I feel it was a waste of money.

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mudwing- Thank you so much! This helps! but agree with you agfter you read what's not covered and under what situation..-- makes you wonder. Did Honda send this after you had the rig? or did you get from dealership?

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mudwing- Thank you so much! This helps! but agree with you agfter you read what's not covered and under what situation..-- makes you wonder. Did Honda send this after you had the rig? or did you get from dealership?

I got this in the mail after purchasing. I never considered the extended warranty at time of sale because I figured I would just do my own work, including worst case scenario, engine/transmission rebuild.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I too feel it is a waste of money on the 700. I have only seen a very few instances that that machine failure was more cost then the price of the warranty.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I also said no to the extended warranty, I told my dealership to take a good look at my pioneer as I drove away because it would be the last time they will ever see it. I had a run in with the service manager there back in the atv days as they were supposed to be doing an initial service on a rancher that we had. The service on these 700's isn't that difficult and there are plenty of how-to's to guide someone along if they wish to try themselves.

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
I also said no to the extended warranty, I told my dealership to take a good look at my pioneer as I drove away because it would be the last time they will ever see it. I had a run in with the service manager there back in the atv days as they were supposed to be doing an initial service on a rancher that we had. The service on these 700's isn't that difficult and there are plenty of how-to's to guide someone along if they wish to try themselves.

HAHHAA- In my younger years I would bring things back to the dealership(for dumb crap- seat stitching wasn't 100% inline etc, who in turn just mucked up something else. My MB AMG is brand new and an option to kick n open the trunk stopped working one day-- 2 trips back and they replaced a bunch of sensors.. only to call Germany-- they think they have it sorted but sadly nope won't be going back to have them stab at my new vehicle, again...HAHHA

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
We passed on the extended warranty as well.
After all the reading I’ve done (mostly on this forum) before purchasing, the 700 just seemed unlikely to need it.
The already mentioned exclusions and price made it fairly easy to decide

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I too feel it is a waste of money on the 700. I have only seen a very few instances that that machine failure was more cost then the price of the warranty.
I wonder how many folks actually buy the extended warranty....it has to be a low number. Maybe more on the P1000...

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wonder how many folks actually buy the extended warranty....it has to be a low number. Maybe more on the P1000...
When I bought mine, they were the new thing and the Honda financing guy at the dealership tried to tell me I had to get it if I was financing but Im buddy's with the dealer and he set him straight. But I'm sure they snagged a bunch of people that way.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would think a lot of problems come from poor maintenance and abuse. I think if you drive it like you like it and service it you should be problem free.

Max718

Max718

Jun 7, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-4
I got the 3 year extended warranty cost 620 dollars. Kinda glad now , the left front axel started popping and ripped the c v boot on 4th of July ride the oem Honda axel was 257 . My dealer gave me the axel and I installed it

Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have read and heard many stories about the service writers claiming that they would not cover repairs on a vehicle with the extended warranty. Mud level is to high, vehicle been in water above the wheel hubs, etc. If the dealerships are gonna kick back so much, why pay the extra money.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!