B

Blue19X

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Nov 13, 2019
Willoughby Hills Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Has anyone run the glass windshield in warmer temperatures? I put one on for winter riding and have debating leaving it on for summer. Any crazy dust or heat issues not running a back window with it? TIA

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Has anyone run the glass windshield in warmer temperatures? I put one on for winter riding and have debating leaving it on for summer. Any crazy dust or heat issues not running a back window with it? TIA

I have run the Honda glass windshield since December 2015. It definitely is warm especially with a mid panel, in temperatures above 75 degrees and slow trail riding I consider it uncomfortable. I bothered to replace the glass that broke once, when I broke the glass a second time this January, I broke down and bought the SUPERATV tip out hard coat windshield. The difference is night and day being able to get some airflow when you want it or shut it off when its raining.

If you really want glass, Alumalite Armor makes a tip out glass windshield but its around $850.

I got the Super ATV hard coat tip out for $415 with a 15% off discount code they ran a little while back.

Edit, additional information.

Yes you will get significant dust with only a fully closed windshield and no mid or rear panel. With a windshield cracked open, it deters the dust noticeably.

Also in rain, above 20mph without a mid panel it will suck in mist and coat everything, inside the windshield and you in muddy droplets. I get quite a bit of rain where I live and this is pretty annoying if you try to go fast.

I had been taking the glass windshield off from May- October due to the added heat.

Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought from the dealership with a glass windshield and electric wiper, after some riding in the deserts of southern Arizona without any rear barriers would find myself and passengers hot miserable and covered with too much dust, longed for some way to vent fresh air in for the front. Copious amounts of alcohol and using the windshield to stop my face after some stupid driving cured the vent problem, I replaced the spiderweb cracked windshield with a split pop open and the only regret is having to be careful about how I clean the dirt off the non glass window. Added an aftermarket soft barrier behind the front seat and have hardly no heat issues and little to no dust. Use the existing wiper wiring to power a 2 way radio attached just above the rear view mirror.... life is better without the glass

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I guess it depends on location, you already got the answers I expected from the guys in the South, for me I run the glass the entire year. We only get a hand full of days in the summer when it's above 80*, say less than 10....most years less than 5. It's not uncommon for it to get into the low 50's in the evening/night on our summer rides. I will second that if you run any type of windshield you will want a rear panel.

I do have a SuperATV half windshield that I bought and never put on.....lol

@Biteme do you still have the wiper motor/tank/bracket? Interested in selling it? ;)

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I run the factory glass windshield and have a full safety glass rear window i built and installed.
As for heat, you will have to find ways to block off all the holes ect. that let the hot air in to the cab area.
I have made and installed side wing deflectors that are adjustable to direct as much or little air as needed and where I want it to keep me comfortable. I ran all last summer here in Arizona with this setup and was very happy with it.
As for dust, if you run a full windshield you have to have some kind of rear window and you will still get a little dust but not to bad.
With the side wind deflectors I can pretty much control the dust also. 20190728 08194420190728 081958

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run the factory glass windshield and have a full safety glass rear window i built and installed.
As for heat, you will have to find ways to block off all the holes ect. that let the hot air in to the cab area.
I have made and installed side wing deflectors that are adjustable to direct as much or little air as needed and where I want it to keep me comfortable. I ran all last summer here in Arizona with this setup and was very happy with it.
As for dust, if you run a full windshield you have to have some kind of rear window and you will still get a little dust but not to bad.
With the side wind deflectors I can pretty much control the dust also.View attachment 195599View attachment 195600

How did you make the deflectors? Been thinking about this very thing, just couldn’t find something to make work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: 906UP
O

Old_fart_with_2020_Talon

Apr 16, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I broke down and bought the SUPERATV tip out hard coat windshield. The difference is night and day being able to get some airflow when you want it or shut it off when its raining.

How are folks liking that windshield when driving with it flipped up? Seems like it would want to flop a bit and wind catching it at speed would be a concern, but maybe not?

Reactions: TripleB
Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
With the side wind deflectors I can pretty much control the dust also.View attachment 195599View attachment 195600
Great idea with deflectors. Hadn't thought of that one.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How are folks liking that windshield when driving with it flipped up? Seems like it would want to flop a bit and wind catching it at speed would be a concern, but maybe not?
It stays put, doesn't flop around, even at 60 mph.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!