Honda has went to s***!

M

Morrelfinder

Mar 21, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
First of all I should say that I’ve been a Honda owner my whole life. Never had any problems with Rincon or my rancher. Just bought a 2018 pioneer 500. And I wish I didn’t! For the price we pay for these things, I definitely think that we should not have to adjust the clutch being brand new?! This damn thing shifts like the transmission is about to fall out of it, and on top of that, the frame is starting to rust! I’ve had this machine for two weeks. Come on Honda, you can do better. If I could get my money back, I would!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
First of all I should say that I’ve been a Honda owner my whole life. Never had any problems with Rincon or my rancher. Just bought a 2018 pioneer 500. And I wish I didn’t! For the price we pay for these things, I definitely think that we should not have to adjust the clutch being brand new?! This damn thing shifts like the transmission is about to fall out of it, and on top of that, the frame is starting to rust! I’ve had this machine for two weeks. Come on Honda, you can do better. If I could get my money back, I would!
Mine shifts like a hot knife through butter. Put some synthetics in the diffs, and you’ll learn the sweet spot to flip the paddle at. If the plugs fall out of the frame ends and it gets packed with mud in there, it will rust, anything would. Power wash the heck out of it, and you can buy all those plugs cheap, I think possibly even right here at the club store. I fixed mine where they now have to be pried out. It’s Honda’s most dependable sxs with I don’t think any recalls. Give it some time.

H

HondaTech

The shifting will get better with time, your dealer should have caught the shifting harshness before they delivered as well.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club @Morrelfinder, I hate to hear that you feel let down but I understand your frustration. I had a 2017 P500 and it was awesome, adjusting the clutch did help but mine wasn’t shifting that harsh and I didn’t adjust the clutch until after the break in. Not sure if you are running in auto or manual but one piece of advice is to keep on the throttle, mine would shift hard if I let up like you would on a foot shift. Hope this helps.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Goddamn right! f*** Honda!

Big-Country

Big-Country

Lifetime Member
May 8, 2019
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
My 2017 pioneer 500 has a little over a 1000 miles on it, it does get better but it’s still not super smooth, I run paddle shifters a lot because it’s smother, in automatic I’ve learned not to let off when it’s shifting it makes it worse.

M

Morrelfinder

Mar 21, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for all the comments guys. I’m just super disappointed in this p500, it took me some time to save up the cash to buy this thing so I wouldn’t have a payment , and then this! Like I said before, I’ve had 0 problems with my 2008 rincon, Love it still to this day , which is why I went with Honda again. Everybody keeps saying “it will it get better”?? Why should I have to wait for it to get better????!! It’s brand new with 16 miles on it! One guy said “just use the manual “. Sorry I’m not trying to be a smartass, but that is the most moronic answer I’ve ever heard! That’s why I bought this model- so I could choose between AT/MT! Ok I’m done venting lol. It only does it in AT, So anotherwords my machine is only working properly......50% of the time!! Thanks Honda

Reactions: Isaiah and Pilgrim
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
oooooh loooook anoooothrer shroooomer! Welcooooome tooooooo the Foruuuuuuum! I prefer paddle shifting my 500000000000000.......

• Haha
Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for all the comments guys. I’m just super disappointed in this p500, it took me some time to save up the cash to buy this thing so I wouldn’t have a payment , and then this! Like I said before, I’ve had 0 problems with my 2008 rincon, Love it still to this day , which is why I went with Honda again. Everybody keeps saying “it will it get better”?? Why should I have to wait for it to get better????!! It’s brand new with 16 miles on it! One guy said “just use the manual “. Sorry I’m not trying to be a smartass, but that is the most moronic answer I’ve ever heard! That’s why I bought this model- so I could choose between AT/MT! Ok I’m done venting lol. It only does it in AT, So anotherwords my machine is only working properly......50% of the time!! Thanks Honda
I hear ya. I hate for you to be so unhappy. Tell you what I'll do. Since I'm such a nice guy I'll take that piece of crap off your hands for 2500.00. I'll even brave the Corona and come pick it up 😇

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

When I saw the title, I never thought you'd be talking about the P5?! 🤨 You have to wait for it to get better because it's a brand new machine. Makes a lot of noise? Good, that's everything meshing and breaking in. It'll get better after the first oil change, better yet after the second. Clutch adjustment is the turn of a screw. Don't know how much research you did before buying it but they're known for this? Can't tell you how many new guys have come in here with the same complaint. If you did no research and bought it just because it was a small affordable Honda, then you got extremely lucky! You scored the most bullet proof sxs on the planet. Put more miles on and hammer that b****, you won't break it! :rolleyes:

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dude my 500 is a goat and even though I got a 1000-5, I wouldn't think of selling the 500. Totally a badass machine! Heck I don't e even fit in it very well but still love it! It's taken me to some incredibly amazing places. Hope you end up changing your mind.
8A6419D7 950E 420A B964 055BD0B7BD12 1 105 c

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!