Required mods to run 40’s

S

Sduke

Mar 18, 2024
Pembroke, GA
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Hey all! Looking to run 40’s, 8” portals, 60% gear reduction. Currently already have the 3” bracket lift and was told this would be fine with the 8” portals for the 40’s. What other suspension mods are recommended? Definitely going with the forward a-arms, upgraded axles, but someone mentioned link bars? We do a lot of mudding and wet trail riding, and some of the trails are pretty deep (swampy). It’s not a lot of rough riding but some of the bounty holes can be pretty sticky and we want to make sure we don’t break anything right away. Thanks in advance!!!

IMG 7366

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all! Looking to run 40’s, 8” portals, 60% gear reduction. Currently already have the 3” bracket lift and was told this would be fine with the 8” portals for the 40’s. What other suspension mods are recommended? Definitely going with the forward a-arms, upgraded axles, but someone mentioned link bars? We do a lot of mudding and wet trail riding, and some of the trails are pretty deep (swampy). It’s not a lot of rough riding but some of the bounty holes can be pretty sticky and we want to make sure we don’t break anything right away. Thanks in advance!!!

View attachment 421934
Not a common setup on this particular forum…at least among the more active peeps. There is one gentleman that has a P1k6 with massive mud tires on it though. If I remember his screen name I will post it and a link to his thread.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondaboats is a good member to connect with for what you are requesting. He has put together some sweet machines.

If you really wanna be cool, grab a 1000-5 bed and put it on the back of your machine to make it the 1000-8.

Welcome to the greatest place on earth!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondaboats is a good member to connect with for what you are requesting. He has put together some sweet machines.

If you really wanna be cool, grab a 1000-5 bed and put it on the back of your machine to make it the 1000-8.

Welcome to the greatest place on earth!
That’s the one ☝🏻

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey all! Looking to run 40’s, 8” portals, 60% gear reduction. Currently already have the 3” bracket lift and was told this would be fine with the 8” portals for the 40’s.
Alot of $$$$$$$🥳
And alot of money in repairs while running it.
Search it up top and get ready to stagger like Sleepy Joe! 🤣 3” bracket lift alone is bad enough on equipment in the long run but its your rig. @SuperATV will get u fixed up with a savings acct drain out! 🥳
Will be a fun Build to follow! 😉

Welcome from Michigan BTW and Nice School Bus. GO ARMY GREEN!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
IF you run our 6" full suspension lift on top of our 8" portals you can run up to a 44". You'll probably need that combo to clear a 40". With forward A-arms and 8" portals you can easily go up to a 36", but I'm betting 40"s would rub.
@SuperATV since he has the Pioneer 1000-6 23/24 model it has the new front A-Arm mounts. I looked at your website and it does not offer model year selection option. The 6" lift kit probably won't fit ANY Pioneer 1000 2022+ with the revised A-Arm mounts? Just hate for someone to drop $6K on an order and it not fit the front frame mounts.

Not sure , just asking out of an abundance of caution. See Below picture:

SATV lift kit

Last edited:
S

Sduke

Mar 18, 2024
Pembroke, GA
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
IF you run our 6" full suspension lift on top of our 8" portals you can run up to a 44". You'll probably need that combo to clear a 40". With forward A-arms and 8" portals you can easily go up to a 36", but I'm betting 40"s would rub.
We haven’t been able to find one compatible with the crew…… so we went with the 3” since it was the option we had. I’ve talked to someone who has 42’s on the 3” lift plus 8” portals and he doesn’t rub. We are about to take full advantage of the sales next week 😂
@SuperATV since he has the Pioneer 1000-6 23/24 model it has the new front A-Arm mounts. I looked at your website and it does not offer model year selection option. The 6" lift kit probably won't fit ANY Pioneer 1000 2022+ with the revised A-Arm mounts? Just hate for someone to drop $6K on an order and it not fit the front frame mounts.

View attachment 422184
we already have the 3” bracket lift. It will clear the 40s just fine with the forward a-arms. It’s such a new model people are just having to play around with it to figure it out. If someone I know can run 42s, we should clear 40s just fine I would think. Thank you for the info.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 421934
The few I've seen around my are I've talked to are running the TTC set-up. Like you said though, still pretty new so everyone is figuring out what works best for them I guess.

Nice ride 👍 and welcome to the club from South Florida 🤘

Reactions: TxDoc and Sduke
S

Sduke

Mar 18, 2024
Pembroke, GA
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
The few I've seen around my are I've talked to are running the TTC set-up. Like you said though, still pretty new so everyone is figuring out what works best for them I guess.

Nice ride 👍 and welcome to the club from South Florida 🤘
Yes! We are doing the link bars, tie rod ends, and upgrading the steering box through TTC. The steering box isn’t available until mid April though. But we are trying to get it done right the first time.

And thanks! We are in South Ga 🙌🏼

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com

View attachment 422184
Good catch! I didn't catch that it was the 6 seater. Thanks!

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
We haven’t been able to find one compatible with the crew…… so we went with the 3” since it was the option we had. I’ve talked to someone who has 42’s on the 3” lift plus 8” portals and he doesn’t rub. We are about to take full advantage of the sales next week 😂

we already have the 3” bracket lift. It will clear the 40s just fine with the forward a-arms. It’s such a new model people are just having to play around with it to figure it out. If someone I know can run 42s, we should clear 40s just fine I would think. Thank you for the info.
Hell yeah buddy! Looking forward to seeing this bad boy! Sorry I didn't catch the 6 seater part.

Hell yeah

S

Sduke

Mar 18, 2024
Pembroke, GA
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
Don't know if this is a waste of time....

Pioneer 500 on 44's.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk
Our issue is the fact that we have the crew and the suspension parts are tricky. We are having to customize a lot of it. But thank you! That little (big) thing is bad ass!

Reactions: JenElio and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might Call Texas Tough Customs

41's on a Pioneer 1000

Can't wait to see what you brainstorm and come up with.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!