Honda led lights

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Going to purchase some Honda led lights but not sure if I should go with the 14" light bar or the two aux lights. Afraid if I mount the light bar on the roof ill catch a low lying branch or forget to open my garage door all the way and that would be the end of the light bar. I like the two aux lights mounted on the windshield frame but according to the instructions they can only be mounted there if you have the glass windshield. I have the split plastic one. I have a Honda bumper ordered and wondered if the light bar will fit on the center bar of the new bumper, but would like it set flush or behind the bumper bar to be somewhat protected. My Honda parts person is trying to contact a honda parts rep. to see what the mounting options are. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on led light mounting.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. I really like Rellison's mount. Not sure how it would work with a windshield though!

I think it will stick out if mounted to the bumper. Even the big bumper.
BUT... It might fit on the big bumper if mounted on the top bar upsides down.

I have a aftermarket 12" light mounted on the standard bumper.
I'll try to get pictures of how it sticks out.

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
Hondasxs said:
Ya. I really like Rellison's mount. Not sure how it would work with a windshield though!

I think it will stick out if mounted to the bumper. Even the big bumper.
BUT... It might fit on the big bumper if mounted on the top bar upsides down.

I have a aftermarket 12" light mounted on the standard bumper.
I'll try to get pictures of how it sticks out.

I really liked his backup light. Liked how both were kinda hidden.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
I mounted my light bar similar to bigriver's. It works very well there and I can clearly see if I'm gonna smack it with something before I do. The light bar has a spot type light pattern. I have the cubes as well. I'm guessing they will be more of a flood type pattern. I hope to get them mounted this weekend. I am going to mount them on the rear cage about the level of the factory rear lights. I just felt like I needed some backup lights. I have the Honda light bar and cubes.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Depending on your dealer, they'll charge you as much as $399.00, plus $60.00 for the mounts, plus tax, for the Honda brand lights. I ordered the 14" Rigid "Spot/Flood Combo" that came with mounts for $315.00 or so from Amazon.
The rear light is small, it really helps out when backing up at night or loading up a deer. It runabout $100.00. I also light how the mounting location worked out for the front light. It sits low and protected, didn't have to drill holes in the roof and it's not an extension of the bumper to hit stuff with. The wires run down into the front compartment where all the other electrical components run to. Couldn't be happier. I even ran over to my local dealer to get some oil and filter, ended up showing my salesman. He seemed genuinely impressed!

2thpir8

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2013
NC
BR- how many holes did you have to drill for your front light?

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I only had to drill 1 hole for the light bar wire.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
PC110845 zps4f2944d4
Sorry about that, Here is the only hole I had to drill for all 3 lights.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
2thpir8 said:
BR- how many holes did you have to drill for your front light?

Total of 5, 2 holes per side of the mounts and one for the wire. Used a grommet for the wire hole, the mounts cover up the other 4 holes.

advertisement
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Yes I Know the Honda lights are overpriced but I have a $400.00 credit to use at my dealership and I already have the accessory switch panel. I like how TandT mounted his light bar without drilling a bunch of holes in the cowling. He has a metal frame to bolt to and I have a plastic windshield. Going out in the garage to take a look.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Thanks everyone for your replies. I ordered the two aux lights and after looking at my machine I'm going to make a couple of brackets for the windshield frame. I had enough on account to order the camo seat covers with just a little cash out of pocket.

pipefighter577

pipefighter577

Nov 20, 2013
Ohio
Elkhunter said:
Thanks everyone for your replies. I ordered the two aux lights and after looking at my machine I'm going to make a couple of brackets for the windshield frame. I had enough on account to order the camo seat covers with just a little cash out of pocket.

Let us know what kind of clamps you find. I started a thread for just that.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am mounting my 2" lights to the roof on the back where it's inset. I'm too cheap to spend as much on clamps as I spend on lights.

These should be delivered tomorrow and I'll get to use them this weekend.
http://amzn.com/B009ES619S

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Got a e-mail from my Honda parts manager who forwarded it to me from honda M/C Accessory Mktg Coordinator.He sent pics on how they recommend mounting the accessory lights with the one piece or split two piece plastic windshield. May work good for wide open country but for on the trails where I live they stick out to far. I wonder what they are thinking sometimes. On the positive note my parts manager has my winch mount and my front bumper sitting at my dealership ready to pick up. Ive been waiting for this winch mount for months.

Attachments

• Windscreen weatherstrip.jpg
    Windscreen weatherstrip.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 515
  • light on mount.jpg
    light on mount.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 550
  • Light on mount 2.jpg
    Light on mount 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 654
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ohanacreek said:
I am mounting my 2" lights to the roof on the back where it's inset. I'm too cheap to spend as much on clamps as I spend on lights.

These should be delivered tomorrow and I'll get to use them this weekend.
http://amzn.com/B009ES619S

My continued Adventures on Amazon.
The description is not exactly clear and without a scale comparison. These lights are not 2"w x 4"h(including mount) like I assumed. They are 4" square and 2"thick.

But they are BRIGHT probably as bright as my light bar and fit the inset of the roof at the back clamp mounts fairly well soooo I'm keeping them. They are a flood pattern but the hot spot still carries out 50' or so (just how fast do you plan on going in reverse?)

I am most likely going to buy 4 more to replace the crappy old incandescents on my Kubota.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know they aren't rigid brand I'm just hoping they aren't trash either. Couldn't see paying $1000 for lights when there were cheaper options and my life did not depend on them.
What I bought does have aluminum cases, granted the rear lights are cast and not billet like my light bar.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!