P700 LED Headlights

Bamalivin

Bamalivin

Aug 16, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
Before I get the standard "use the search bar", I have researched this to death. The problem is most of the suggestions and replies are out of date that appear in the search and the links to most products don't exist anymore. So please, before replying with any recommendations do a search to see if your particular headlight setup still exists.

I understand to go with an 880 series 65W (or more) bulb in the 6000K color range. It seems like anybody that installed a bulb in the 50W range was disappointed with brightness but the color was an approvement over the stock crappy yellow lights. For those that run Stark Phantom Series lights, be thankful you got them when you did. I think they can still be acquired in the UK but not in the US.

So, all that being said, there are a thousand brands and options for 880 series lights on amazon.... some with fans, some with heat sinks, some with multiple light chips, etc... The brands I've seen the most are Stark (not available), JDM (nothing more than 50W), and Beamtech (can't find wattage info). So the question I have is has anyone bought LED headlights recently and what would you recommend? I'm looking for bulb replacement not the entire housing. Thanks.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So please, before replying with any recommendations do a search to see if your particular headlight setup still exists.
Ok, we wont lol
But we will say….
Welcome from Michigan and GoBlue!

Since your vast about us asking to use the search as you did👏🏻 then you know when you first post we require pics of your rig?
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
there are a thousand brands and options for 880 series lights on amazon.... some with fans, some with heat sinks, some with multiple light chips, etc... The brands I've seen the most are Stark (not available), JDM (nothing more than 50W), and Beamtech (can't find wattage info). So the question I have is has anyone bought LED headlights recently and what would you recommend?
As for alot of LED lights out there, hell yes there is lol . I will suggest to stay away from the heat shrinks, from my experience there a PITA. As for the brands, color and wattage, you will have to just experiment with whats out there. Mainly cuz what some say, this size, that color this or that…each brand is not created equal. The opinions on here for led bulbs will just make your head 🤯 even more. As long as you have the right hook up (as you found on here) your good . just go by there reviews and see. Your using Amazon, you can send it back if you dont like it for free.
All we ask is Just dont forget to came back here with what you buy, some links and your review so when someone searches they dont run into what you did😉

Bamalivin

Bamalivin

Aug 16, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have been a Bama fan through the bad years and the good years and I can honestly say if we never win another game, I can die a satisfied Bama fan. What I do think is interesting are all the Michigan fans that seems to be more excited about the win over Bama than the national championship win over.... whoever it was. Haha. Anyways, I can talk college football for days.

I have been a spectator on here for several years but due to the search function, I've never actually had a need to post. So, I do thank the HondaSxS community for the massive bank of information.

As far as the lights, I'm really looking for a bright replacement for the stock crap that has is a quality product. I'm open to suggestions but its helpful if they are actually available for purchase. And I will report back with a review that can be helpful for anybody in the future.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What I do think is interesting are all the Michigan fans that seems to be more excited about the win over Bama than the national championship win
LMFAO! I have to respectfully disagree.
We cherish the Nati alot here. I went to High school across the street from the big house, grew up a few blocks from there as well. Wife is also employed by the UofM for 28yrs. We know a see alot of Mi fans and thats not entirely true. There are a few loud mouths in every teams fan base and the inner web doesn't help fo sho with that.

The only thing we are excited about beating Bamma is beating as we call him, Mr Perfect hair, cut and run Nick Sabin. He had a tuff time beating us when he was Coaching our rival Michigan State, couldn't do it in the Big10, He cut and run went to LSU and well…you know the drill. He still has a loosing record against Michigan and it was just fitting for him to retire after loosing to us. Its the MSU situation, I think thats what your seeing and those details are not covered in the Lame stream media.

Also, little tip don't forget to tag someone when responding to them or there post or hit reply then type your response. I would have never known you did if i wasnt poking around and stumbled on your reply. Just the tip!
NoHmo

Good luck with your rig. Dont forget the pics! 😉

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before I get the standard "use the search bar", I have researched this to death. The problem is most of the suggestions and replies are out of date that appear in the search and the links to most products don't exist anymore. So please, before replying with any recommendations do a search to see if your particular headlight setup still exists.

I understand to go with an 880 series 65W (or more) bulb in the 6000K color range. It seems like anybody that installed a bulb in the 50W range was disappointed with brightness but the color was an approvement over the stock crappy yellow lights. For those that run Stark Phantom Series lights, be thankful you got them when you did. I think they can still be acquired in the UK but not in the US.

So, all that being said, there are a thousand brands and options for 880 series lights on amazon.... some with fans, some with heat sinks, some with multiple light chips, etc... The brands I've seen the most are Stark (not available), JDM (nothing more than 50W), and Beamtech (can't find wattage info). So the question I have is has anyone bought LED headlights recently and what would you recommend? I'm looking for bulb replacement not the entire housing. Thanks.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Lee County.
Back in 2018 JDM Astor 881's were one of a few choices available, IMO they are brighter than OEM but their biggest attribute is they are considerably whiter than OEM.
The link that @Rayger143 posted look like a good option, I might even have to upgrade to those.
Don't forget the option of auxiliary light bars and cubes.
And Finally...:oops:Don't Forget The Pictures.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
And Finally...:oops:Don't Forget The Pictures
@Bamalivin
☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻THIS☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻🥳

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hope your search goes well. Only thing I could add, being a owner of Stark lights, is to avoid any cooling fan model lights. Most lights don't need them. The fan can and probably will fail due to condensation, vibration, dust and or dirt. Simple is always better in outdoor equipment. Also the fan doesn't necessarily mean a better or brighter light when part of a LED unit, note most light bars and bulbs don't use them.

Thanks for posting your search. Hopefully, you find a good quality upgrade and pass that info on to the group here as the search for good bulbs continues to evolve with new bulbs, new vendors, new tech and whatever.

B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Bamalivin thanks for this post. I am in the same boat for my 2018 700-4D. Can't seem to make sense of the options, specs, quality and if they really fit, on amazon. Brighter lights would be nice, but I am equally interested in less of a draw on my stock battery so the lights compete less with the EPS. I am assuming the references for wattage is wattage equivalent on these? I have found almost none that specify actually draw wattage. I did find this source (link below) and chatted with them about my wattage/draw question but they "didn't have that information". They do specify they work as a direct replacement for the OEM Honda bulb number, which gave me some piece of mind...not sure what I am going to do....will keep eye on this thread if any other ideas pop up or you find something....thanks again for updating the discussion on this topic....

Reactions: Farmer and Buggyman
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok, why dont ya’ll do what I did after countless times of having my dick in the dirt over the many lack luster performance of LED replacement bulbs I bought and there were quite a few. I ended up buying these aftermarket LED assemblies. Not the exact one im posting, there are many on eBay to choose from. Dont be afraid on the description that the 700 isnt on there. It works in it. Some like mine, I had to splice the wires. Its been 3 yrs and still going strong. Better than the $hitty replacement bulbs. Like I said its a pic your poison with them I bought at least 6 and there very little better. BTW the LED replacement bulbs high beams are 💩as well. Good luck. You can also see how I installed min in my P1K5 build in my sig.

B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Remington First, thanks for the validation of my confusion regarding led bulbs; and the suggestion of just replacing the lights....what's funny is after I posted I started exploring just doing new lights...still doing that...thanks for the link...

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Remington First, thanks for the validation of my confusion regarding led bulbs; and the suggestion of just replacing the lights....what's funny is after I posted I started exploring just doing new lights...still doing that...thanks for the link...
No problem.

Reactions: Rayger143
B

BKelly

May 7, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Update: After looking at both headlights and bulbs til my head about exploded trying to find specs, draw, etc....I decided to take a chance on these before giving more thought to a full light replacement.

They looked identical to those in the link I posted earlier but $30 cheaper. And amazon delivered overnight for free and they are returnable.

Having them in hand allowed me to look up the actual LED on them and they appear to be 10 w draw per LED (20w per bulb--2x LED). LEDs have 160 degree beam angle.

They were easily "plug and play"...they fit the Honda OEM wiring plug/clips and light case with no problems. The OEM Halogen bulbs I replaced were 37.5 watts each and these LEDs are 20 watts each (draw--not equivalent brightness), so I cut overall draw on battery from headlights by ~47%. And if you believe the claims on the package increased the brightness by 400% 😉

@Bamalivin hopefully this is some help to you. My 700 is a 2018 700-4 Deluxe. These LEDs were coded as 881.

Here are some photos if it helps anyone. I still need to test them in the dark and outside. Photo is in my shop this morning with some outside light shining through windows.

LED PackageLED chipNew LED Bulb

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!