P700 Oracle s3 led bulb conversion

M

MI-Bryan

Oct 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Reaching out to see if anyone has run into the issue with oracle s3 led bulbs. When installed, the LEDs face up and down vs. left and right. I ordered S5246 as it's called out on the youtube video. I contacted oracle and they said the LEDs being up and down should work even though the instructions clearly states the LEDs need to be on the sides.

2019 Honda Pioneer 700-4

K

kdevans

Nov 22, 2020
ky
Ownership

1. 700-2
Reaching out to see if anyone has run into the issue with oracle s3 led bulbs. When installed, the LEDs face up and down vs. left and right. I ordered S5246 as it's called out on the youtube video. I contacted oracle and they said the LEDs being up and down should work even though the instructions clearly states the LEDs need to be on the sides.

2019 Honda Pioneer 700-4
I had the same issue with mine. They will light up but I don't think the beam will be very focused. Contacted Ebay for a return and looking for another bulb that will be oriented right.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
9C918604 C126 4917 8A28 AC7AD4E42140
Mine are up and down but when I installed and tested I was very pleased so I didn’t think about it. 😉

M

MI-Bryan

Oct 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Follow-up....
After several conversations with Oracle, they stated that the bulb should work as is. My argument was that the LEDs are not optimized in the up/down direction and they didn't offer another optimized solution. I had enough with the discussion so decided to modify the LED housing that would allow me to rotate it in the opposite direction. This allowed the LEDs to be facing to the sides as the company noted in the instructions. I fired them up against the garage door and they seem to a focal points as the stock bulbs. They seem to be secure so I'll leave these as they are. The color is very close to my LED PODS
20201209 182840

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!