P1000 Honda OEM roof swap!?

Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone ditched the factory roof for a flat roof?
The factory one is ok, but I'm trying to save some height so I can still fit our 1000-5 in the garage with the TTC 3" lift and 31x10.50's. I've only got about 3" to spare with the factory roof. Looking into other options if anyone has any advice. possible. Like there may be another 2" or so to be had if I ditch it.

For what it's worth YES! I would chop the top but I already have a Honda OEM glass windshield and a SATV full hard tinted rear window I really would rather not part with or have to shorten so I'm trying to avoid a chop if possible.

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If i had that kind of hight i would chop! I did and its not that bad to cut the windshield.
that said, satv and tusk make a flat roof but ive heard being so close to the Rops they can be noisy.
You said u have 3” to spare. So u can fit with 3” to spare? Or are u 3” too high and cant get in the garage?

Reactions: Lady01 and Russ989
Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If i had that kind of hight i would chop! I did and its not that bad to cut the windshield.
that said, satv and tusk make a flat roof but ive heard being so close to the Rops they can be noisy.
You said u have 3” to spare. So u can fit with 3” to spare? Or are u 3” too high and cant get in the garage?
With 235 75r15 tires and no lift I currently have about 3 1/4" to the top of the header to get into the garage with the OEM hard roof.
I would maybe consider taking like an inch out of the rear if I had to. At an inch I could probably leave the front alone all together.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
With 235 75r15 tires and no lift I currently have about 3 1/4" to the top of the header to get into the garage with the OEM hard roof.
I would maybe consider taking like an inch out of the rear if I had to. At an inch I could probably leave the front alone all together.
So you can fit in the garage with the oem roof from what im gathering?
so then why F with it? It fits! Unless you plan on putting stadium lights on the roof or something id say leave it. Spending that much money on a roof just to gain 3” that you still fit in dosnt make since to me unless im missing something here? Wouldnt be the first time lol

Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you can fit in the garage with the oem roof from what im gathering?
so then why F with it? It fits! Unless you plan on putting stadium lights on the roof or something id say leave it. Spending that much money on a roof just to gain 3” that you still fit in dosnt make since to me unless im missing something here? Wouldnt be the first time lol
So I need to figure out something else because the 3" TTC arched arms are already bought and paid for they're going on regardless lol. Plus the added tire height- I have 3 or so inches but I need 5 or more inches so the thing fits after the lift.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I need to figure out something else because the 3" TTC arched arms are already bought and paid for they're going on regardless lol. Plus the added tire height- I have 3 or so inches but I need 5 or more inches so the thing fits after the lift.
Ok, now i get it. You didnt mention that you haven't installed the stuff yet lol.
ok then, chop it! Thats what id do.

Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, now i get it. You didnt mention that you haven't installed the stuff yet lol.
ok then, chop it! Thats what id do.
I may, and I'm definitely not scared to lol. To be honest I REALLY wish I didn't have all the extra stuff because then it'd be a no brainer. I may see it there's room to lean the A pillars back with more rake so I don't have to get into chopping the window frame too.
If anyone does happen to know how much lower a different roof would be though I'm all ears.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!