P500 Honda P5 fabric roof/rear panel

N

NHpioneer500

Sep 5, 2018
Hillsborough, NH
Ownership

1. 500
I was wondering if anybody has this on there P5 and if they have ever trailered there machine with it install. I was reading that the instructions say to not tow with it installed. I was thinking if i opened up the rear window then it shouldn't be a problem. What does everyone think?

Reactions: Remington
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I think it really depends on the speed you are planning to transport it. I would think pulling it around town, 50ish no problem but getting up to 60-70, I would think it would be a harsh on the doors, etc., but hopefully someone here can chime in with actual experience. I'm planning on doors soon, so I'm anxious of the answer as well.....

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
what windshield worked/works best with Fabric roof/rear panel? I'm really looking for the type of windshield that I can open as well.

Like this type: https://www.amazon.com/PIONEER-Full...-worlds-America/dp/B00R52VZFU?tag=sxsweb24-20
I ordered the 3/16 mar from the same people... it was 315 for that one... wanted the scratch resistant... it’s suppose to be here Friday or sat they messaged me asked me to measure my roll cage even though I ordered the ‘17+ model... they said some cages are longer than 35”? Anyhow be on the look out for that if u order... I missed it and cost me two days worth shipping towards me....

Reactions: Michele
N

NHpioneer500

Sep 5, 2018
Hillsborough, NH
Ownership

1. 500
I think it really depends on the speed you are planning to transport it. I would think pulling it around town, 50ish no problem but getting up to 60-70, I would think it would be a harsh on the doors, etc., but hopefully someone here can chime in with actual experience. I'm planning on doors soon, so I'm anxious of the answer as well.....

I don't have any full doors at the moment. I do plan on trailering up the highway so 65-70mph would probably be my speed. I was just wondering if I open the rear window if I will still have issues of it possibly tearing from the wind.

Reactions: Remington
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Unless your front windshield is very different than mine, it's not sealed across the top, so a massive amount of air would be streaming in and because of that narrow gap it will be accelerated air force and with the rear removed will then cause a vortex effect with air going pass the doors/over the roof, so I would like the level of havoc will be amplified, but like you I'm unsure...

N

NHpioneer500

Sep 5, 2018
Hillsborough, NH
Ownership

1. 500
Unless your front windshield is very different than mine, it's not sealed across the top, so a massive amount of air would be streaming in and because of that narrow gap it will be accelerated air force and with the rear removed will then cause a vortex effect with air going pass the doors/over the roof, so I would like the level of havoc will be amplified, but like you I'm unsure...
Should have mentioned that I also do not have a windshield at the moment. But I figured I would remove it when transporting so as to not be a brick wall when towing and also to prevent any damage to it while traveling.

O

Oregonkirk

Dec 24, 2017
John Day, Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
Roll it up and you'll be ok. I have the Honda full windshield and load mine backward in the pickup. No issues so far and I've hauled it 600+ miles like this at 75 mph.

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have the OEM rear panel via Honda Parts King. Towed at once at 55 no windshield and zipped shut, no problem. But often open it up about 1/4 to reduce stress. One of the snaps is hard to set to roll up, so just got a back up velco strap. Front facing on open trailer. Have a Tusk 1/2 fold down windshield in summer, really like the full open option.
Tusk UTV Hinged Windshield – Fits Honda Pioneer 500 2015–2017 | eBay
OEM hardcoat full in winter.
Hope this helps.

70D39E47 F4DC 4645 9800 D3D346B71830 865E29B4 0293 404B B0BF 839BB5FBFFEE

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was wondering if anybody has this on there P5 and if they have ever trailered there machine with it install. I was reading that the instructions say to not tow with it installed. I was thinking if i opened up the rear window then it shouldn't be a problem. What does everyone think?
First, welcome to the forum from the Great Lakes State.
I had a fabric roof on P1K5 when I first bought it, hated it for 2 reasons-towing, it ballooned like a top fuel dragsters parachute at the Finnish line. I could never get it to be a real nice exact fit with out putting my OCD into overdrive. My advice to u if your going to use it in the winter, I’d spring just a little more and get the hard top. I have a hard top now on my P1K5 and on my P5 and I won’t look back. That said..the soft top might be for you, but that’s my experience. @PistonHonda had one on his P5 he use to own and trailered it. I think he had to remove it each time But I’m not sure? He may chime in to help you on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger and Mudder
advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

The roof inflates like a balloon when you're going down the road and it just doesn't look like something you should be doing. It takes less than a minute to remove it so I just started taking it off. I had the Tusk fabric rear panel and left that on but ran a ratchet strap across it to keep it from straining against the wind. I probably could have used a ratchet strap over the roof to keep the top down too.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!