BOX1

P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 fabric doors

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are getting close to buying a new 1000-5 and with living in Maine we are looking at buying in the Honda soft upper doors (all 4) and the rear fabric window that is in the Honda accessory lineup. We will also be using the Honda hard coat flip out windshield and hard roof. Does anyone have experience with these items all together? Comment, critiques? Obviously ventilation and dust control are an issue in the summer. Thanks, Jay

Reactions: BWAF and Remington
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We are getting close to buying a new 1000-5 and with living in Maine we are looking at buying in the Honda soft upper doors (all 4) and the rear fabric window that is in the Honda accessory lineup. We will also be using the Honda hard coat flip out windshield and hard roof. Does anyone have experience with these items all together? Comment, critiques? Obviously ventilation and dust control are an issue in the summer. Thanks, Jay
I have the 3 seat with the accessories you are asking about. I like them but I'm not expecting it to seal up like a car. I would compare it more to an old cj jeep. Its comfortable enough that I personally don't feel the need for a heater in Ohio's winters(when it decides to show up) but with the two piece windshield I can use it when its warmer outside during storms and such to stay dry. The only complaint I have is I can tow with the soft doors on. That said I would spend the money on them again if I didn't have them. I feel it makes my machine a true all weather buggie

20181205 195349

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the 5 seater, there seems to be some conflict on the Honda website on the compatibility of the rear soft windscreen and the soft side doors. That just doesn’t make sense. I certainly don’t expect it to be sealed up. Towing is a deal breaker though. The buggy will be towed within an hour of home for most rides.

Reactions: BWAF
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With the 5 seater, there seems to be some conflict on the Honda website on the compatibility of the rear soft windscreen and the soft side doors. That just doesn’t make sense. I certainly don’t expect it to be sealed up. Towing is a deal breaker though. The buggy will be towed within an hour of home for most rides.
I takes only a few seconds to pull the upper doors off and stuck them in the truck. It's just one of those things that has to be remembered. I pull it around home with them on occasionally short trips less then 55mph no more than 10-15 miles from home. I constantly watch them in the truck mirrors when I do. I'm looking to get an enclosed trailer for this reason.

Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The siezmik doors are way nicer than the Honda soft doors. I had the first gen Honda soft doors and they don’t seal at all, might as well had just put on some Carhartt’s without doors lol. Now the gen II Honda doors are built better but I’ve read a lot of 50/50 good and bad about them. So for 500$ I passed. I ended up with CEC enclosures for the full cab set up. They also make it for a 1000-3 as well. There only on Face Turd that I’m not on. If your interested in looking into them message me and I’ll get you there number.
Oh and welcome to the forum from the Motor City!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I takes only a few seconds to pull the upper doors off and stuck them in the truck. It's just one of those things that has to be remembered. I pull it around home with them on occasionally short trips less then 55mph no more than 10-15 miles from home. I constantly watch them in the truck mirrors when I do. I'm looking to get an enclosed trailer for this reason.

just roll the windows up and it tows fine no problem with them.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Might also be good to note that I have the Honda mid panel also. I kept that on even with my full inclosure. You’ll have to face the fact that with any soft panel you won’t 100% seal up. Some are better than others tho. The main lower doors have air gaps and so does between the seats. I have found with those gaps in can tolerate the extra air especially with the CEC enclosure, it seals well. All a preference right? There are a few threads on here of people sealing the main door gaps.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you might want to look at the seizmik doors too and compare.Ihave them and feel they are pretty good.I dont know the price difference though.

IMG 6457 Pioneer

R

rickoshea

have the dealer install everything before delivery to ensure proper fitment.mine installed my windshield/mid panel free of charge.well,maybe not free but with pdi/freight they should.

Last edited:
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the roof and windscreen. Is it all Seizmik? How’s the heat in the summer?
I ordered the enclosure but didnt like the front doors so ordered seizmik,I used the middle window from the enclosure.

IMG 6473 IMG 6474

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the full Honda setup for my P1k5.

the rear soft doors, the mid and rear panels are good.

the front soft doors are functional.

I certainly wouldn’t haul it with an open trailer.

you will need top seal up the gaps in the roof and dash as that’s where the big drafts are regardless of door.

for dust and heat control I dump all of it except for the roof and use a rouge power screen and safety glasses. Much less heat and dust.

9B75DA5A E811 4B27 BEDE 9B2D30156436
FB91DF7C F57B 4321 A614 32C893171042

Reactions: Buckslayr
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the honda front and rear doors on mine and think they work really good. I have the second gen front doors and they seal very well with the new seals they come with. The backs work really well and fit well with the honda rear soft panel. We trailer ours without any problems, but I run a bungee cord between the rear doors to keep them from opening. The suicide style make me a little nervous so this adds piece of mind. The biggest problem and you are going to find this with all of them, are the big gaps in the stock lower doors and the shifter holes. The shifters are cured with Montana's shifter cover, but the doors are a little harder. The front doors have about 3/4" but the back has a lot of space between them and the frame. We had the doors on while hunting this fall and there was alot of dust that comes in through the bottom. Unless you have a real need for the full 5 seaters in the dust, I might recommend the mid panel for just the driver section. The guy I run around with has this setup and doesn't complain about dust up front, but his bed is just filled with dust. Like I said, Honda, Seizmik, or CEC, I haven't found any that will fix this problem, without doing it yourself and I'm working on it.

Reactions: TripleB
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the roof and windscreen. Is it all Seizmik? How’s the heat in the summer?
windshield is seizmik vented.there is a post on this forum telling how to seal front doors,I did that and it is pretty tight.roof comes with thick seal.I bought the sxsenclosure first but didnt like having to unzip and zip all the time to get in and out , especially in the winter.I used that back panel and bought the seizmik doors.really getting it set up good now.if I get around to it I'll seal the rear doors too.I have the foam. good luck and have fun modding to get it like you want it.

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
awesome responses. Thanks. This is some of the info I was looking for. I’m not looking for a 100 percent solution to the elements. Just something that makes sense. This stuff costs too much money to keep running out and buying. Thanks again guys.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
awesome responses. Thanks. This is some of the info I was looking for. I’m not looking for a 100 percent solution to the elements. Just something that makes sense. This stuff costs too much money to keep running out and buying. Thanks again guys.
post #28 in the answer to dust thread will tell you a good way to seal the doors, page 2 I believe. its in the general discussion forum I think

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!