P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000 Tire Pressure?

What Tire Pressure do you run on your Pioneer 1000? Vote twice - Front and Rear!

• Front - 0-8

Votes: 24 5.7%
  • Front - 9-10

Votes: 68 16.2%
  • Front - 11-12

Votes: 99 23.5%
  • Front - 13-14

Votes: 174 41.3%
  • Front - 15+

Votes: 51 12.1%
  • Rear - 0-8

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Rear - 9-10

Votes: 53 12.6%
  • Rear - 11-12

Votes: 83 19.7%
  • Rear - 13-14

Votes: 176 41.8%
  • Rear - 15+

Votes: 67 15.9%

• Total voters
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My book says 18 psi frt/rr for the 2022. It seems too much to me. I'm gonna give 15 a try.
I have the 3, the 5 is 20 psi. Both seem rock hard
Basically comes down to the type of riding you do and the size and type of tires you’re riding on.

Reactions: Plowboy1466
S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where i use mine (in South Texas brush country), if the side walls bulge, you can count on sidewall punctures from thorns and such... I just put the BFG 8 ply 29's on my P1K5... Experimented around a bit... Max pressure rating is 34 PSI I think, but don't want to do that... ride is very sensitive.... can feel every stone above 1" diameter at that pressure... I dropped it down to 12 psi, but too much side wall bulge but ride was much improved... Now running 18 PSI and that seems to make them stand up straight with little to no sidewall bulge. Gonna keep it there for a while until I can give it a good test in a few weeks... Ride is decent... Really don't want to mess around with it too much until I get my Elka's installed... Due to arrive any day now according to the emails I keep getting. Once those are installed, I'll do a final tune on ride comfort... This is a working buggy though for around the farm and hunting South Texas, so ride is secondary to function...

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where i use mine (in South Texas brush country), if the side walls bulge, you can count on sidewall punctures from thorns and such... I just put the BFG 8 ply 29's on my P1K5... Experimented around a bit... Max pressure rating is 34 PSI I think, but don't want to do that... ride is very sensitive.... can feel every stone above 1" diameter at that pressure... I dropped it down to 12 psi, but too much side wall bulge but ride was much improved... Now running 18 PSI and that seems to make them stand up straight with little to no sidewall bulge. Gonna keep it there for a while until I can give it a good test in a few weeks... Ride is decent... Really don't want to mess around with it too much until I get my Elka's installed... Due to arrive any day now according to the emails I keep getting. Once those are installed, I'll do a final tune on ride comfort... This is a working buggy though for around the farm and hunting South Texas, so ride is secondary to function...
I’ve had a set of System3’s (350’s) on mine for the past couple of years in lots of rocky terrain. They wear faster than I like, but no sidewall problems running 11-12 psi. Just purchased a set of BFG’s 10x28x14 and hope that they hold up better.

Reactions: Smitty335
S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve had a set of System3’s (350’s) on mine for the past couple of years in lots of rocky terrain. They wear faster than I like, but no sidewall problems running 11-12 psi. Just purchased a set of BFG’s 10x28x14 and hope that they hold up better.
Funny story about the BFT All-Terrains for trucks... I put a set of them on an 06 Chevy Z71 and took it to our ranch south of Del Rio, Texas many years ago... Had multi-seal in them just like always... After about 4 years, I picked up a large bolt in one of them, so I pulled it off, stuck the spare on and brought it back home with me... Took it to Discount Tire Co. where I had originally purchased them... They had very little tread left on them but it wasn't really worn off rather it was broken off in chunks... lots of rock in that area of our state (right on the Rio Grande)... The guy at discount tire asked me, "Sir, how many miles you have on these tires?" I told him, "Well, I think about 3000-3500 miles, why?" He said they look a hundred years old, but according to the s/n of the tire they're only like 4 years old... I said, yea, they're only driven on ranch roads and some of those can barely be called roads... His response to me was an instant "Classic" "...Well sir, maybe they should call these SOME terrain tires instead of All terrain tires!!" We both cracked up, but he put me a brand new tire on the rim and it only cost me the disposal fee and road hazard warranty for that new tire...

• Haha
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I just installed Mongrels on a P1K5 that I recently purchased. I'm running the stock size and haven't had an opportunity to take it for a spin since installing. GTC/Kanti states running 20 psi on their 10ply Radial Tire. I have 3 Kubota Sidekicks which are all running Mongrels. If I'm running on the road, 20 psi, if I'm running off-road, 14 psi. They handle well on the road and do very well on dry, wet (mud) and rocks. I got onto the mongrels because of prior experience with lots of punctures and install them on everything because they're such a do all type tire. The tires that came on my Honda didn't look like they would wear well and considering the tread design, didn't appear to have much contact patch for driving fast on public roads

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I just installed Mongrels on a P1K5 that I recently purchased. I'm running the stock size and haven't had an opportunity to take it for a spin since installing. GTC/Kanti states running 20 psi on their 10ply Radial Tire. I have 3 Kubota Sidekicks which are all running Mongrels. If I'm running on the road, 20 psi, if I'm running off-road, 14 psi. They handle well on the road and do very well on dry, wet (mud) and rocks. I got onto the mongrels because of prior experience with lots of punctures and install them on everything because they're such a do all type tire. The tires that came on my Honda didn't look like they would wear well and considering the tread design, didn't appear to have much contact patch for driving fast on public roads
No comment.

• Wow
Plowboy1466

Plowboy1466

Lifetime Member
Feb 11, 2018
Ashland, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, 10 PSI, mud, rocks and ect. If you have good tires,
I agree. If I'm road riding I'm at 12+psi. Anything else, I'm at 8-10. Why are people still asking this question? Play around and see what's good for your setup. There is no good answer besides play with it and see what happens.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!