honda pioneer 700-4 too loud

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
if it’s snorkeled the intake noise is increased.
change the differential fluid to synthetic if you haven’t
Unfortunately the 700 do have a loud drivetrain, if you have a hardtop add some sound deadener

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello,
I recently bought a honda pioneer 700-4 because I had read that it was the quietest of utv's. It is extremely loud in the cab. I think it is coming from the shifting. Is there any way to quiet that.
MLS
LOL...where did you read that? Disregard any further advice from this source.

Lots of sound deadening. And the top reflects a LOT of noise. If you can run without it, so be it. If not, consider a soft top if you're running a hard one, or add some type of acoustic foam to the top to absorb the sound.

M

marysheldon4

Sep 23, 2021
Munds Park, Arizona
Ownership

1. 700-4
LOL...where did you read that? Disregard any further advice from this source.

Lots of sound deadening. And the top reflects a LOT of noise. If you can run without it, so be it. If not, consider a soft top if you're running a hard one, or add some type of acoustic foam to the top to absorb the sound.
I googled the quietest UTV's and Honda Pioneer was one of about 6 listed.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
"Google" also says there are 73 "sexes", men can get pregnant and menstruate, and that there was no cheating in the election. Any further Honda sxs questions should be directed here. We're pretty honest about them, for the most part.

I've seen some say the 1000 is pretty quiet. I've NEVER seen anyone say the 700 is. As I said, the top is a huge factor, reflecting all that noise that might otherwise escape your ears.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hello,
I recently bought a honda pioneer 700-4 because I had read that it was the quietest of utv's. It is extremely loud in the cab. I think it is coming from the shifting. Is there any way to quiet that.
MLS
Not sure youll make it any quieter. You are sitting n the motor with open areas everywhere! If you want it quieter, might as well buy a jeep.

BTW, Welcomce from Michigan!
The unspoken gospel here is….
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
of your rig of corse..

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
MLS
It’s the 1000 that’s quiet. My 700-4 was loud from day one and got worse after I added the roof.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Given the placement of the engine in the 700/500/520, you are going to hear a lot of noise from the engine and transmission. Mine wasn't bad until I added the windshield and top, then it sounded like I had doubled the sound level during riding.

I did the first service at 100 miles and that made a difference. Then I changed the dif fluid and that was a bigger change. I plan on adding sound deadening material this winter to see if it will help noise levels. I suspect adding a rear wind screen will help some too.

Not that this is available for the P700, I added a "Trigger Shield" to my new P520 and that cut some noise, heat and dust during rides. Maye a clever member can come up with something similar for the P700s.

If anyone has a good suggestion for sound deadening of the underside of a hard top, please post some ideas and pictures. I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

Rob

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Go ride in a CanAm for a day, you’ll appreciate how quiet that P7 is…..😉 Otherwise the Talon X4 is a nice alternative…..

Reactions: crewcabrob
M

marysheldon4

Sep 23, 2021
Munds Park, Arizona
Ownership

1. 700-4
Given the placement of the engine in the 700/500/520, you are going to hear a lot of noise from the engine and transmission. Mine wasn't bad until I added the windshield and top, then it sounded like I had doubled the sound level during riding.

I did the first service at 100 miles and that made a difference. Then I changed the dif fluid and that was a bigger change. I plan on adding sound deadening material this winter to see if it will help noise levels. I suspect adding a rear wind screen will help some too.

Not that this is available for the P700, I added a "Trigger Shield" to my new P520 and that cut some noise, heat and dust during rides. Maye a clever member can come up with something similar for the P700s.

If anyone has a good suggestion for sound deadening of the underside of a hard top, please post some ideas and pictures. I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

Rob
Thanks!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Someone has and they're coming soon. 🤫

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
I added sound deadening after reading this thread. Just installed it today so no clue if or how much it helped. But it was very easy to install.
E23fb93b000b39fe1612a38cd35c8893

Here is what I ordered.
Siless Liner 157 mil (4mm) 36 sqft Car Sound Deadening & Heat Insulation Closed Cell Foam - PE Foam Sound Deadener https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B75PD8B/?tag=sxsweb24-20

And this roller
Ogrmar Car Sound Deadener Noise Filter Application Wheel Roller (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQNTKSF/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: crewcabrob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!