Multi Honda Pioneer - Exclusive model for USA market?

K

Kreso

Aug 26, 2016
Croatia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So today i picked up the phone and decided i would like to see a Pioneer 1000 in person
and maybe do a test drive. After calling all the dealerships none of them even Know what it is Honda Pioneer . Only one dealership salesman told me he was loking it on the internet before and knew what it was. He promised to check and call me back. He called me after checking with Honda EU managment and told Honda Pioneer is made exclusively for the USA, Honda does not allow export to EU. So i check neighbour countries (Slovenia, Italy, Austria, Germany, Hungary) and it seems it is true.

Does anyone know any reason for this? I did not manage to find any, except USA exclusive and no-no for EU. Its strange since Polaris, Yamaha, Kawasaki, all of them sell their ATV,UTV,SXS in EU.

Last edited:
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
That is intresting we have a guy here that purchased his in Australia. Did not know that Honda America would do something like that, that could potentially double or triple its sales world wide.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The EU has many more rules and regulations for off-road vehicles. I would give it time and I'm sure they will be available there. The new Pioneer 1000 has only been out for around a year, so they may have been testing the waters to see how popular they would be and to get them "legal" for EU. I'm sure they would sell great over there with their reliability reputation they have in the U.S.
Best of Luck and hopefully you are able to get one soon!! They are a blast to drive!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
K

Kreso

Aug 26, 2016
Croatia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes, i Know that many EU regulations are more strict than in USA. This is why we import USA vehicle from USA need to do many modifications and testing before they are allowed for street legal. However some manufacturers also have both versions for sale (Yamaha YXZ1000R for example) and you can buy street legal or not, the second one is afcourse cheaper.

But what suprises me that there is EU market full of Chinese junk similiar vehicles of questionable quality (First hand experience) and consider a trash can located inside Pioneer factory could satisfy this regulations better than SXS vehicles made in China. I dont think Honda Pioneer cannot satisfy any regulations, its not much different than competition from Kawasaki, Yamaha or Polaris.

I have sent 2 e-mails, one to Honda Europe and second one to Honda Japan asking for explanation. I will post if i get any answer.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
K

Kreso

Aug 26, 2016
Croatia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok, i got official Honda answer in my own language. I will translate it to you:

"Dear Sir,

we thank you for your interest in Honda models, unfortunately the Pioneer SXS models are not built for EU market and will be unavailable to EU market. There is no way even selling you or importing you 1 piece since there is too much unavoidable problems like warranty, documentation..."

That sucks :( . I think i will get the YXZ1000R better now, not sure if they will also do it with Honda Talon or whatever will be called their future sport SXS

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Man that sucks. But at least the Yamaha has a real tansmition not a belt. .

K

Kreso

Aug 26, 2016
Croatia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Man that sucks. But at least the Yamaha has a real tansmition not a belt. .

Yes, this is why i dont want the Polaris or any other. I want real gears, no rubber band. I will wait November to see what will Honda come up with, anyway even Yamaha is unavailable at the moment

I just got call from Yamaha dealer, the YXZ1000R SS is in such high demand that it is impossible to get any in next 6 months. They have not reserved any units for our country so they need to wait until February. They were scared because they took large batch of YXZ1000R 2016 and sold none yet.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like you might get a really good deal on a 2016 YXZ...

Suppose you could buy a used Pioneer from someone here in the USA, and have it shipped to Croatia? Do you think customs would take it?

K

Kreso

Aug 26, 2016
Croatia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sounds like you might get a really good deal on a 2016 YXZ...

Suppose you could buy a used Pioneer from someone here in the USA, and have it shipped to Croatia? Do you think customs would take it?

Yeah, but it is the First model with production problems, they will not sell so easy. I could import anything, but could never make it street legal and that is big problem for me. Even on forest trail i need to be street legal and penalities are high. I recieved a final followup response about possible next year Honda Talon from Honda EU, i will translate it:

"Dear Sir,

unfortunately i consider they have no plan to import this vehicles in future. We allready
had same situation with Honda Jet ski. No mather the interest Honda did not allow that
we buy or sell their Jet Ski. For the Honda SXS vehicles EU was not even informed they were launched."

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
OK, there is only one solution.

You have to move. I recommend the USA. What do you do for a living? We will try to find you a job.

advertisement
K

Kreso

Aug 26, 2016
Croatia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
OK, there is only one solution.

You have to move. I recommend the USA. What do you do for a living? We will try to find you a job.

Oh do I envy you USA guys for everything, would move in heartbeat. Im allready tired of this country full of bribe, political criminals, no job opportunities... Im Electronics guy, but also work machining for years, repairing stuff, rebuilding stuff and so on my free time. On my working hours i work in a Company where i do everything from accountants job, to mechanic, to driver, to collision repair.

But unfortunately my brain Works only in metric, not Imperial :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!