Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m running the Turnpro horn/hazard/blinker kit for a ‘23 1000-6 tonight and have a couple of questions.

I’ve run the “rear harness” from the front (have it currently zip tied right at the spare battery hole), following the factory harness down the passenger side, then cuts over to the driver side right before the motor, then up to the rear gate of the unit. Being sure to follow the factory harness the entire way.

My confusion is that the instructions located below seem to show the driver side factory taillight plug being pulled under the dump box to make the connection to the plug and play module. However there is also a video (next link below) specific to ‘22+ where it appears he tucks it into the box housing right behind the taillight. The harness I have is 1-2’ short to be able to reach the taillight housing, but would reach the module without issue if it’s truly to be mounted under the box.

Where should I mount the rear plug and play module on a 2023 1000-6? Any concerns with the elements getting to the module if mounted under the box versus inside the taillight housing? Should’ve I started stringing the “rear harness” from a point closer to the back? The instructions on their site aren’t bad, but leave out info on where to actually mount/start when installing.

Thanks a lot!

You can Email or call Grant at Turn Pro and he will gladly answer any questions. great guy to work with.

G

GetDux91

Mar 16, 2024
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
You can Email or call Grant at Turn Pro and he will gladly answer any questions. great guy to work with.

Called Grant today, excellent customer service foremost, he offered to even ship me out an extended harness if I wanted. We chat for a bit, and I ultimately ended up just splicing an extension into the rear harness to get everything inside the left taillight housing (box form).

Everything else has ran to expectation and had ample wire. I’d chalk the short rear harness up to where I decided to start it (top side of passenger wheel well). He mentioned he usually wires them from the small cubby beneath the 12v plug inside the cab in the dash. This likely would’ve made up the 16” I was short at the back. I found the wheel well to be easier to work in once I removed the trim pieces.

Plan to record a full video explaining the choice of routing and placement of things, as I didn’t see many of them for the 1000-6. While it won’t be a “take this bolt out instructional”, most of the time I’ve spent during this project has been deciding where to route things to keep it clean and leave space for other items.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Called Grant today, excellent customer service foremost, he offered to even ship me out an extended harness if I wanted. We chat for a bit, and I ultimately ended up just splicing an extension into the rear harness to get everything inside the left taillight housing (box form).

Everything else has ran to expectation and had ample wire. I’d chalk the short rear harness up to where I decided to start it (top side of passenger wheel well). He mentioned he usually wires them from the small cubby beneath the 12v plug inside the cab in the dash. This likely would’ve made up the 16” I was short at the back. I found the wheel well to be easier to work in once I removed the trim pieces.

Plan to record a full video explaining the choice of routing and placement of things, as I didn’t see many of them for the 1000-6. While it won’t be a “take this bolt out instructional”, most of the time I’ve spent during this project has been deciding where to route things to keep it clean and leave space for other items.
Glad you got it worked out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!