Honda Talon Factory Audio System Question

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am wanting to buy the factory audio system. The web site says it requires the factory sub harness. I have read the instructions provided from this site for installation. No ware in the instructions does it say anything about the sub harness. It looks like it powers from the factory cigarette lighter socket.
I was going to let a few of you guys read the instructions and tell me if I am missing anything.
Thanks in advance. Audio System.pdf

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep. That's how I read it.
Part #13 plugs into the cig lighter.

Can you tell me what size fuse is on part #13?
Wondering if its 10a or less.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yep. That's how I read it.
Part #13 plugs into the cig lighter.

Can you tell me what size fuse is on part #13?
Wondering if its 10a or less.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I will find out when i get home in a hour or so.

Reactions: Hondasxs
J

justin2959

Apr 11, 2019
US
I am wanting to buy the factory audio system. The web site says it requires the factory sub harness. I have read the instructions provided from this site for installation. No ware in the instructions does it say anything about the sub harness. It looks like it powers from the factory cigarette lighter socket.
I was going to let a few of you guys read the instructions and tell me if I am missing anything.
Thanks in advance. Audio System.pdf
I installed the switch panel Saturday and i used the sub harness. My take on it is it uses this for a switched power to the harness for the panel. You unplug the 12v outlet and plug that into the harness and the closest plug to that goes back to the 12v outlet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I installed the switch panel Saturday and i used the sub harness. My take on it is it uses this for a switched power to the harness for the panel. You unplug the 12v outlet and plug that into the harness and the closest plug to that goes back to the 12v outlet.

After I read it again, I was thinking the same thing. They act like the harness is part of the kit but I bet it is not in the box.

J

justin2959

Apr 11, 2019
US
I doubt it is i got mine with the winch mount. If your not planning on s winch you can buy it separate. I think the winch mount is the only one that the harness comes with

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
I installed the SSV Honda stereo kit. It does NOT come with accessory harness. I bought winch kit so it had the accessory harness. The accessory connector is a pain to get access and disconnect. Tight squeeze. Easy to install otherwise. The templates for cut out of location holes for speakers are almost useless. Check 40 times and cut once.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I installed the SSV Honda stereo kit. It does NOT come with accessory harness. I bought winch kit so it had the accessory harness. The accessory connector is a pain to get access and disconnect. Tight squeeze. Easy to install otherwise. The templates for cut out of location holes for speakers are almost useless. Check 40 times and cut once.
Thanks for the reply, How does it sound? I am not expecting to get blown away, just some decent music to ride with. I really don't want to add a sound bar to the roll bar. I like the factory look. Thanks again Mitch

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks for the reply, How does it sound? I am not expecting to get blown away, just some decent music to ride with. I really don't want to add a sound bar to the roll bar. I like the factory look. Thanks again Mitch
It sounds good. I don't know $700 good. But I, like you, want factory and I didn't want anything hanging overhead. That said I might buy a couple more speakers from SSV and maybe a sub woofer if I can put under seat. There are enough connections on the SSV harness from the amplifier to add extra SSV speakers and woofer. Is it loud enough? Yes. Do you need more speakers or volume? Not really. Based on all the options I looked at in the price range, SSV was a good option. Another nice perk, is it connects into your accessory. So it turns on when your key turns on instead of on all the time if you don't turn it off and drain your battery.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
It sounds good. I don't know $700 good. But I, like you, want factory and I didn't want anything hanging overhead. That said I might buy a couple more speakers from SSV and maybe a sub woofer if I can put under seat. There are enough connections on the SSV harness from the amplifier to add extra SSV speakers and woofer. Is it loud enough? Yes. Do you need more speakers or volume? Not really. Based on all the options I looked at in the price range, SSV was a good option. Another nice perk, is it connects into your accessory. So it turns on when your key turns on instead of on all the time if you don't turn it off and drain your battery.
Thank you, I want the safe fit and finish.

devildog1000R

devildog1000R

Jun 25, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does SSV make a subwoofer? Im debating this or the noam nutv5 stereo system

J

JerrySwisher

Jan 11, 2021
Bloomsburg PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
How do you find plug and play plug to add back speakers to this system..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!