Honda Upper Door enclosure replacement zip in windows

G

GK1969

Oct 1, 2019
Ira, MI
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Anyone had any luck getting Honda Upper Door enclosure replacement zip in windows? I've called a few dealers and they say Honda doesn't have a replacement part listed for the zip in windows.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I would think they wouldnt have one as well. Thats not a separate part like an accessory/parts bag. That's gonna be sold as a full door.

G

GK1969

Oct 1, 2019
Ira, MI
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Thanks for the feedback but since the vinyl windows zip completely out you’d think you’d be able to order replacements. These are going to crack, fade, scratch, be misplaced over time and you shouldn’t have to spend another $1000 to just get windows. Wish I knew who makes these for Honda and I’d call them direct.

Reactions: Remington
ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
I agree after years of running jeeps with zip out windows i know they do wear out. So far so good on mine but I know its just a matter of time. also wish someone made a storage bag for them when they're removed.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
These are going to crack, fade, scratch, be misplaced over time
So do u need them or are you just trying to be proactive?

Reactions: GK1969
G

GK1969

Oct 1, 2019
Ira, MI
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I do need them. I just purchased my 1000R and the guy I bought it from lost the windows. Also know even buying new ones over time they will need to be replaced.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I do need them. I just purchased my 1000R and the guy I bought it from lost the windows. Also know even buying new ones over time they will need to be replaced.
Just buy new ones. Not worth the hassle. i have the cec enclosures very happy with them.
57E6F297 075F 48B2 AADD E3D9630DC5B4

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What was there price if you don’t mind?
There really nice! The window unzips and you roll it to the side and there are 2 straps that snap to secure it. He makes another version that zips the whole window out as well. Very well made Imo. Ive had 2 for my P1 one when it was stock that i sold when i chopped my top and had one custom cut For that. i use the P1 now mostly for hunting and things in the woods. Its been scratched and u name it Still holding up.

Reactions: Teebow
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Thanks for the feedback but since the vinyl windows zip completely out you’d think you’d be able to order replacements. These are going to crack, fade, scratch, be misplaced over time and you shouldn’t have to spend another $1000 to just get windows. Wish I knew who makes these for Honda and I’d call them direct.
Just because one part of an assembly can separate from another doesn't mean you can buy it separately. In many cases, it's far simpler and cheaper for manufacturers to make, sell, ship and stock assemblies vs all the various indivdual components.

Good luck finding the panels separately though.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just because one part of an assembly can separate from another doesn't mean you can buy it separately. In many cases, it's far simpler and cheaper for manufacturers to make, sell, ship and stock assemblies vs all the various indivdual components.

Good luck finding the panels separately though.
You are correct!
thats one thing with CEC, hes an independent co and if u have an issue or the full zip out, he will take care of you on that.

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just buy new ones. Not worth the hassle. i have the cec enclosures very happy with them.
View attachment 356656
What was there price if you don’t mind?
There really nice! The window unzips and you roll it to the side and there are 2 straps that snap to secure it. He makes another version that zips the whole window out as well. Very well made Imo. Ive had 2 for my P1 one when it was stock that i sold when i chopped my top and had one custom cut For that. i use the P1 now mostly for hunting and things in the woods. Its been scratched and u name it Still holding up.
Thanks, that’s a good price,guess I’ll pull the trigger on this.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!