Replacement Zip in Windows for 2 Door OEM Honda Talon Upper Doors

G

GK1969

Oct 1, 2019
Ira, MI
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Looking to see if there is any interest from fellow Honda Talon owners for a need of replacement zip in windows for 2 Door OEM Upper Doors? I looked everywhere for them since my originals were scratched and let’s face it kind of cheap. I had some made for mine and can post more pictures but just wondering if anyone else is looking / needing? Don’t know an exact selling price, but would charge actual shipping based on location.

5D00608F EF84 4016 9516 923416FA27FF 70AF692C EB97 43ED 96B8 D9725E0D18D6 4ED3CFC4 6A37 4C98 B579 68101250AECD

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice! Who made them?

See your from North Detroit! I say Welcome fellow Michigander first time i seen u here

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep, have it on my boat. For the talon application it’s not as easy to roll up so went with regular 20 mil thick glass.
not cheap either as you already know :) what boat do you have. I got out of it a few years ago but had a 34' carver

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Looking to see if there is any interest from fellow Honda Talon owners for a need of replacement zip in windows for 2 Door OEM Upper Doors? I looked everywhere for them since my originals were scratched and let’s face it kind of cheap. I had some made for mine and can post more pictures but just wondering if anyone else is looking / needing? Don’t know an exact selling price, but would charge actual shipping based on location.

View attachment 372522
I'd be interested in a set, did they reuse the zippers?

I'm also from Mich, live in da Yoop but travel all over for work, spend a lot of time in the Detroit area.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Have a few buddies we ride with up North with and in our area, we can run back roads. If the lake freezes, we also ride on it.
Where bouts up north? Dont worry we wont invade! 😂
Ill go first, I have a place in the Gaylord area and ride in those aras from Grayling, Atlanta, Lewiston all over

G

GK1969

Oct 1, 2019
Ira, MI
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I'd be interested in a set, did they reuse the zippers?

I'm also from Mich, live in da Yoop but travel all over for work, spend a lot of time in the Detroit area.
No everything is new. Only difference is there is only one zipper pull on the outside. They. couldn’t find double zipper pulls in the size needed. They are a bit thicker (20 mils) than the originals (10 Mils?) so installation to the doors on the SxS (mine are a few years old) needs some patience but once on they are clearer and fit better than the originals (In my opinion). If you’re in the Detroit area or would like to purchase and have them shipped, let me know. I’m thinking $250 for a set.

Reactions: Buggyman and 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
No everything is new. Only difference is there is only one zipper pull on the outside. They. couldn’t find double zipper pulls in the size needed. They are a bit thicker (20 mils) than the originals (10 Mils?) so installation to the doors on the SxS (mine are a few years old) needs some patience but once on they are clearer and fit better than the originals (In my opinion). If you’re in the Detroit area or would like to purchase and have them shipped, let me know. I’m thinking $250 for a set.
So they put a new zipper on the door side as well? Just making sure I understand correctly

Reactions: Buggyman
G

GK1969

Oct 1, 2019
Ira, MI
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
So they put a new zipper on the door side as well? Just making sure I understand correctly
No only new zippers on the replacement windows. Driver side the zipper is on the fabric door frame for the top of window and for bottom the zipper is on the window. Passenger side is opposite. If you have OEM windows this is how they should be.

Reactions: Buggyman and 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
No only new zippers on the replacement windows. Driver side the zipper is on the fabric door frame for the top of window and for bottom the zipper is on the window. Passenger side is opposite. If you have OEM windows this is how they should be.
Yah, I get that, I already have a set and they're pretty phuckered up. I think we're just misunderstanding each other. You said they couldn't match the zipper pull so its a different size but the actual zipper (the teeth) are the same size & pitch? I guess I'm just wondering if I need to remove the doors and bring the entire thing or just the windows for a template?

Reactions: Buggyman
G

GK1969

Oct 1, 2019
Ira, MI
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
The windows I have will just zip onto your existing doors. I just mentioned the pulls, because your stock ones have double pulls on all the zippers.I could be using the wrong terminology, so let’s just say the things you use to zip and unzip the windows. I can take a picture to hopefully make it clearer, but it’s really cold today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 906UP
J

jk2cllc

Mar 27, 2023
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I would be very interested in these as my driver side zipper has broken.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!