P700 Honda volt meter

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Hi all,
when I purchased my pioneer I also bought the honda Sw.plate/volt meter wiring which has been fine until this winter, out of the blue the volt meter has decided to only display 8.9 volts. It will display 8.9 with the key off or on and even with the meter totally unplugged. I e ven checked the voltage at the plug for the meter and got appropriate readings so Im convinced my meter is crap. Now for the fun part, finding a replacement, you see honda with thier infinate wisdom had to go and get a non standard size meter, its not the same size as a rocker switch so it obviously doesnt fit in a hole ment for a rocker switch. So I'm hoping someone has been here already and they will know where I came get a replacement. Thanks In Advance
Ben

Reactions: Buggyman
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi all,
when I purchased my pioneer I also bought the honda Sw.plate/volt meter wiring which has been fine until this winter, out of the blue the volt meter has decided to only display 8.9 volts. It will display 8.9 with the key off or on and even with the meter totally unplugged. I e ven checked the voltage at the plug for the meter and got appropriate readings so Im convinced my meter is crap. Now for the fun part, finding a replacement, you see honda with thier infinate wisdom had to go and get a non standard size meter, its not the same size as a rocker switch so it obviously doesnt fit in a hole ment for a rocker switch. So I'm hoping someone has been here already and they will know where I came get a replacement. Thanks In Advance
Ben
Have you tried holding the little button down.I know on mine there is a settable low and high voltage limit where the meter will flash if exceeds either. The disply might be showing the low limit. takes about 30 sec. to enter program mode. good luck. mine always showed battery voltage but after messing with button now it shows r something before going to batt. voltage. I couldn't find any info on the meter ?.

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!