Honda Windsheild

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
My lovely wife took the kids on a ride with the pioneer over to a friends house. When she came home The windshield was covered with "something". I tried to wipe off and nothing. She thought it might have been mosquito spray. Question is can I buy just the top section of the windshield or do I need to buy the whole thing? Has anybody replaced just this part? It is Honda's two piece windshield.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you try to pressure wash it? Any sort of spray is most likely water soluable. I would try pressure washing, soaping down, and pressure wash again. You should be able to get it off unless she parked next to someone using a paint gun!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I have ruined some good stuff with bug spray. Glasses, flashlight, and radio. That was a long time ago using the aerosol type, but I suspect it still does not like plastic.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If it was bug spray with Deet it's probably ruined.

I remember getting some on the dash of my moms 1969 Lincoln Continental (when dashes were steel) it took the finish right off the woodwork and clouded the speedo window, it also caused an ass whuppin I still haven't forgotten in 45 years. That DEET is powerful stuff.

Beacheagle70

Beacheagle70

Lifetime Member
Follow the same process you would use on restoring headlights. They make kits, but it's generally a mild cleaner wax product. Do not use rubbing compound.
If you have a low speed orbital buffer ,that will help. Check out Girouts Garage products.

Reactions: bobbyhill
Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
Thanks guys I will try the buffer. It's not the end of the world it just sucks looking through it, especially at night.

Reactions: bobbyhill
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
We have a full cab on a 825ijd and the bug spray put light dots all over it.It did buff out.it took me a year to figure how it happened.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!