P1000 Hopefully not a beat down vent line question.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am going to extend the vent lines and have searched and read threads but it says fan vent?? Am I an idiot?? Don't answer. I already here the answer from the wife. Lol. Why does a fan have a vent. Also does the fuel tank vent have to be ran to the back of the roof to get rid of fumes? Wife's biggest complaint, smelling the fumes.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am going to extend the vent lines and have searched and read threads but it says fan vent?? Am I an idiot?? Don't answer. I already here the answer from the wife. Lol. Why does a fan have a vent. Also does the fuel tank vent have to be ran to the back of the roof to get rid of fumes? Wife's biggest complaint, smelling the fumes.

Yes fan vent.
Put a chainsaw fuel filter on the end of all the lines. Keeps dust out.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes fan vent.
Put a chainsaw fuel filter on the end of all the lines. Keeps dust out.
Is the fan vent necessary if we don't do any water riding? Shallow creeks less than a foot deep is all we cross on our farm

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Is the fan vent necessary if we don't do any water riding? Shallow creeks less than a foot deep is all we cross on our farm
No.
None are necessary. We promote the fuel vent line as a BIG DEAL because of the issuse we have seen in accidental sinkings. Its the only one that will leave you stranded on the trail.

If you never plan to ride in deep water. Then this is the only one I would do.

Even my rig, I have only done the fuel and sub transmission.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No.
None are necessary. We promote the fuel vent line as a BIG DEAL because of the issuse we have seen in accidental sinkings. Its the only one that will leave you stranded on the trail.

If you never plan to ride in deep water. Then this is the only one I would do.

Even my rig, I have only done the fuel and sub transmission.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
I have read that just washing the machines can cause problems because of where the vents are so I was going to extend them. Is this not the case? Wife really doesn't like the fumes so gas tank vent has got to be done.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This has been reported, but mostly from heavy rains at dealers where they sit outside for weeks at a time.
For the others, fan, diffs, junction box, the water entry from rain/washing has not been reported.
If it worries you, You can do them all for peace of mind. They are all easy.

One tip, Don't let the fuel vent line dip below its current point, You want it to gravity feed back into the tank.

R

Robain79

Apr 22, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A friend of mine and I found out the hard way about the fuel line vent this past weekend. Thank goodness it was his mackine and not mine...still feel bad for him though. Neither of us planned to get in water this deep, but stuff happens. I'm extending every vent tube i can in the near future

20200503 165937

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!